Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Just because you dont see a dog outside doesnt mean they never get out. This time of the year you could pass my house and not see Buster for weeks. He's so sensitive to these high temperatures (typical Saint) that I limit his time outdoors. I also dont have a set schedule for his potty times. I'll have him out just long enough to go potty. We're not playing outside and he hasnt left the property in over a month. This doesnt mean he's ignored. We play (inside or in the basement) when he wants but mostly he finds a cool spot to snooze the day away. Almost a backwards hibernation. This fall when temps start to drop he'll go back to crazy puppy mode, walks will resume through spring and we'll repeat the whole thing next summer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay, I know these dogs don't go out. The neighbor for example has 3 children, a small dog, and 2 cats. The kids have come over to visit and mentioned that our house doesn't smell. I explain our dog goes outside to use the bathroom. They tell me that the dog they have just pees on the furniture. They don't understand that the dog needs to go outside. The people next to me own a pittbull. They are not allowed to own this dog so they never let it out. You see its face pushed up against the bathroom window and barking aggressively. I could give more examples if anyone would like. I walk my dog at least 4 times a day and can without a doubt tell you that these are not the only dogs that don't go out.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts