Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I agree. You've only had her for a short time. A few weeks is NOTHING in the world of dogs. She's been uprooted from the only home she's ever known and she's probably scared and unsure. You know WHY this happened (you wanted a companion) but she doesn't. She really doesn't know your language yet....what's allowed, what isn't. Plus, she sounds like a VERY smart girl and is probably going through her "teen-age" years right now. I'm willing to bet that with some patience, she will bond to you and learn to trust you. Then I'm sure the fun will kick in. She's just learning the ropes right now. Don't try to force things to be a certain way. Let them evolve naturally and I bet this story will have a happy ending.

And honestly, it isn't fair to compare her to a dog that you had for many, many years. All dogs have their own personalities and quirks and "baggage," no matter their breed. Please give Penny the time and love she needs to be the dog she can be. :)

Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.