Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my puppy is excited to see someone, he runs around a bit, and then grabs a toy, sometimes he'll squeak it, other times he just carries it around in his mouth. Is this just part of a zoomie routine? Just wondering if anyone had any insight into why happy to see you = grab a toy?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
My childhood Terrier mix did this "all the time" ... his entire life ... as if he was proud of what he had or he was showing us that he wanted to play or that the toy was "his" ... I will never truly know. He did all sorts of butt wiggles with it at the same time!

Leeo would also bring me a toy "sometimes" when I returned home from being somewhere.

Eddee does this sometimes too ... but not often.

IMHO ... I truthfully believe it is just a way of playing. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd take this as a good thing! He probably likes them and wants to play, although I don't know. Maybe it's a case of 'look what I got!' which my puppy does all the time...I'm not entirely sure, but hey, if his tail's wagging then he's happy to see you!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh he's always happy to see me. If I go to the bathroom and come back (while he sits outside the door the entire time) he throws a party for me. Just not sure how "I'm so happy I grabbed this toy!" fits in. He's a goofball, for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Carmen does this! All. The. Time. She turns one today. When any of us come home she does this. No idea why.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Katie does the same thing when we're outside. If she hears the dog next door or sees a deer, she runs to find her squeaky ball and then races through the yard. I've always wondered if she's afraid someone might take her favorite toy.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
He's happy to see you. As I call it with Luke, he's being a "gentle-puppy". Luke will grab a toy seeing us, circle me for about five times as I pet him and then he poops out.

Your dog is happy to see you and is showing you in a way where he is happy!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Troubles does it because he honestly believes everyone he meets is there just to play with him.

Diesel does this when he gets nervous. He will find a toy to carry around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts