Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's weather is around 101 and we don't have any air conditioner. Also my dog has a cone on her head since she got spayed a week ago. If i knew the weather was going to be this high i wouldn't have made done it. Well just a few minutes ago i fed my dog. I wasn't paying attention to how fast she ate since i went to go wash my hands. Well when i came back all her food was already gone, so i think she scarf it down. After feeding her, my parents came home and she got excited. Then she puked her food up. When she puked all her food came out in wholes. After that i gave her some water and she drank it then went to go play. Also we fed her watermelon and cantaloupe today. We fed her fruits because they make her stool looser so it'd be easier for her to take a dump since she just got spayed. Well i was wondering does anyone know why she vomited? Oh! When can i feed her again?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well it's the same with people. If you eat, go out in the heat and fun around, you would probably puke 2.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
What I would do .... In the extreme heat I would keep the pup out of the elements so much and feed in three small meals ... by dividing her daily meal into three portions. This way the little girl will not become overheated from playing so much in the actual outside extreme heat ... or so hungry she vomits. Take her out to potty and short walks ... before sunrise and before sunset when it cools down outside.

This is what I have been doing. My dogs have not gotten ill in the 107 degree weather we have been having this summer. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts