Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's weather is around 101 and we don't have any air conditioner. Also my dog has a cone on her head since she got spayed a week ago. If i knew the weather was going to be this high i wouldn't have made done it. Well just a few minutes ago i fed my dog. I wasn't paying attention to her eating, but i think she scarf it down since when i came back from washing my hands she was already done. She ate everything! After feeding her, my parents came home and she got excited. Then she puked her food up, her food seemed like she didn't chew on it and just swallowed it down. After that i gave her some water and she drank it, then went to go play. Also we fed her watermelon and cantaloupe today a couple hours ago. We fed her fruits because they make her stool looser so it'd be easier for her to take a dump since she just got spayed. Well i was wondering does anyone know why she vomited? Also when should i give her food again?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like your dog did eat his food quite fast. Could have also happened because of all the jumping you mentioned right after the dog ate.

Watch your dog and make sure that he's not eating too fast. Gulping down food is bad for dogs especially for large breeds because it can cause bloat. http://www.globalspan.net/bloat.htm
If your dog is a fast eater then you can either put a large rock (big enough that he can't swallow it) or tennis ball in the middle of his bowl. Depending on how big his bowl is you can even fit 2 tennis balls. There are also special food bowls designed for fast eaters at pet stores.

Also make sure that after your dog eats that he doesn't play or exercise because this can cause tummy problems like when your dog vomited or get diarrhea. Interestingly enough exercising after eating can also cause bloat on dogs. NEVER excercise your dog right after eating until at least 2-3 hours have passed.

Peace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts