Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.kens5.com/news/Who-took-Deuce-and-Daisy-SA-puppy-theif-caught-on-camera-126570548.html

Honestly...If I saw two young puppies alone in a yard in...hmm 100+ degree weather I would most likely take them to. Add to that this person is BREEDING their dogs that live in the yard... Is it just me or did the woman say "The dog is friendly, that's not MY dog" or something along those lines. Yeah it's wrong to steal...but I wouldn't even leave my grown dogs in this weather...poor pups. I hope he's just a caring person who didn't want to see them suffer in this heat....one can hope right?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed.

And the whole research lab thing is for the very most part a complete false. Why would a research lab test on animals they don't know the complete variables on? All research animals have been bred and raised for generations to be test animals to limit the amount of outside factors that could corrupt data. I'm sorry to focus on that for a second...but a friend of mine researches to find better technology for human deafeness and well, is kinda tired of people accusing them of stealing puppies...

·
Registered
127 Posts
No prob...

Class B dealers sell to labs. There are laws in many states concerning it just because it IS sometimes a problem.

Some well known Class B dealers:
Minnesota:
41-B-0017 Kenneth Schroeder (Wells)

Arizona:
86-B-0050 Ranaco Corporation, DBA: Delta Biologicals (Tucson) (deals in dead cats--from outside the US)

Illinois:
33-B-0007 Michael Cooper, DBA: Triple C Farms (St. Joseph)

Indiana:
32-B-0045 Mark and Penny Lynch, DBA: LBL Kennels (Reelsville)

Kentucky:
61-B-0124 Perry and Crystal Foster, DBA: Mountain Top Kennels (Wallingford)

Michigan:
34-B-0001 Roberta and James Woudenberg, DBA: R&R Research (Howard City)
34-B-0002 Fred Hodgins, DBA: Hodgins Kennels (Howell)

Minnesota:
41-B-0017 Kenneth Schroeder (Wells)

Missouri:
43-B-0032 Danny & Mildred Schachtele, DBA: Middlefork Kennels (Salisbury)

North Carolina:
55-B-0010 Carolina Biological Supply Company (Burlington) (deals in dead cats)
55-B-0081 John H. And Eva Wise, DBA: Hillside Kennel (Four Oaks) (deals in dead cats)
55-B-0107 LBS Biological Inc. (Graham) (deals in dead cats)
55-B-0076 S. E. Lab Animal Farm Inc. (Raleigh) (deals in dead dogs and cats)

Ohio:
31-B-0104 Robert Perry (Mt. Sterling)

Oklahoma:
73-B-0130 Henry Lee Cooper, DBA: C & C Kennels (Wewoka)

Pennsylvania:
23-B-0004 Bruce Rotz (Shippensburg)

·
Registered
692 Posts
On Craigslist here there is a post for a small toy poodle that was lost. Seems the people were in an accident on a road close to me and their poodle got loose. However they waited a week from the time of the accident to post a lost ad and they didn't put up any fliers in the area. They are 5hrs away from where the accident happened and can't come look for their beloved pet according to the man I spoke to. Why would you ever leave the area knowing that a little tiny dog like that was running loose and if you had to wouldn't you have at least quickly put up fliers,etc. This is a rural area but there are many places someone could post a lost sign. Its sad/

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Can you identify one of these labs? I'm not trying to be hostile, though it might seem that way -- I am honestly very curious to know what kind of research lab doesn't want a controlled test group.

Sorry for the OT!
Not all research labs do medical research. Sometimes they're researching the internal effects of a hollow-point bullet or the effect of farm pesticides on mammals. A lot of small rural shelters sell to class B dealers :(.

·
Registered
87 Posts
And this is a major reason why I flat out refuse to ever leave a dog alone in the yard.

My dad always says, "Why don't you just let Otto run around the yard for a while and you go in and work." Helllllll no. I am not taking chances that some jerk might come and take my dog. Not happening. People do terrible things and when I see these stories my heart breaks. I certainly wouldn't want to be the victim. And oh the poor momma dog. Just makes me feel so terrible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts