Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few drinks with one of my friends last night and ended up crashing at her house, but I left my truck at my work. In the morning I get home and lift up my tonneau cover to take out my bag of dog food, and its not there anymore. Someone stole my dogs food :eek:. It just sucks because its around $65 bucks a bag. I annoyed with myself too because I forgot it was in there. Thats the fourth time my truck has been broken into this year. Grrr!

·
Banned
58 Posts
That is awful! You need to either get a car alarm or start contacting the police...preferably both. Also, don't leave dog food in your truck.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You live in Maple Ridge , what did you expect ? hehe . I'm just joking with ya . I moved out of the lower rainland last summer just for those reasons . People getting gunned down all over the place , crime , RAIN . It was to much . Come awn up to the Okanagan , much nicer here .

I hear you on the 65 dollar food and thats the reason . Great food isnt cheap . Sorry about your break in .

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Times are tough right now here, I'm not sure how things are going in Canada. But here, I expect to see a lot more stealing going on, as the unemployment rate continues to skyrocket, and people go to extreme lengths to make ends meet and care for their pets. :(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That sucks :(

But hey...you are soo close to me...I am in Abbotsford :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is awful! You need to either get a car alarm or start contacting the police...preferably both. Also, don't leave dog food in your truck.
I do have an alarm, but it doesnt work if the tonneau cover of my truck is lifted, just if someone gets into the cab. Its not a very good one obviously. The cops know our parking lot isnt great. Theres not much they seem to beable to do about it.

You live in Maple Ridge , what did you expect ? hehe . I'm just joking with ya . I moved out of the lower rainland last summer just for those reasons . People getting gunned down all over the place , crime , RAIN . It was to much . Come awn up to the Okanagan , much nicer here .
LOL. I KNOW! Maple Ridge just attracts those kinds of people. Its true, its true.

I hear you on the 65 dollar food and thats the reason . Great food isnt cheap . Sorry about your break in .
Thanks, in the end its just dog food, I know. Its just really irritating.

Times are tough right now here, I'm not sure how things are going in Canada. But here, I expect to see a lot more stealing going on, as the unemployment rate continues to skyrocket, and people go to extreme lengths to make ends meet and care for their pets. :(
Apparently

That sucks :(

But hey...you are soo close to me...I am in Abbotsford :)
Wow, that is close. Hopefully Abby is a bit better than Ridge

Wow, that's a bummer-- just think about some poor starving dog who probably is living to see another day because of that bag of dog food.

(Probably not the case... but's it's a slightly more pleasant thought than most) :)
Thats what Im trying to think. Even if its not the case, Im just going to go right on thinking it is.

Thanks for listening to my rant

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
There are thieves for every thing. When I was working in the salon of PetSmart, a guy came in with a little rat terrier mix with a cloth belt tied around it's neck. He left it with us to cut it's nails, went out in the store and grabbed a really nice leash and collar, popped it on the dog, tossed a bag of food on one shoulder and the dog on the other, took the bill for the nail trim and hurried out the door without paying for any of it. My boyfriend was on the way in and said he saw the guy sprinting across the parking lot and tossing the food and dog in by the scruff of it's neck. :eek:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I grew up in the lower mainland... Port Moody to be exact. I moved away when I was 18. When I was pregnant with my first child, my hubby said lets move to Vancouver... I said NO WAY!

It really sucks that someone would steal your dog food :( do you have a lock on your cover?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My aussie shepherd stole a bag of dog food once when I was kid.. Brought it home and ate it in the garage. Stole a whole box of captain crunch from somewhere too once.

No idea where she got either..

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My aussie shepherd stole a bag of dog food once when I was kid.. Brought it home and ate it in the garage. Stole a whole box of captain crunch from somewhere too once.

No idea where she got either..
You know what? If an actual dog managed to steal my bag of dog food, I dont think I could be upset about it. I think I would have to just be amazed :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
It's just another bad indicator of the times we are living in. I read somewhere that in the last year in my town there has been a 300% increase in armed robbery. People are getting desperate. And I always thought this was a pretty safe town too. It's just flat-out scary.

And the worst part is in my mind is just that it's a vicious cycle. I was reading Studs Terkel's book "Hard Times" which was a series of transcribed interviews of people remember the Great Depression. And they all pretty much said that people looked out for each other (with some exceptions obviously) in ways that they don't do now. So to my thinking it's like this: Crime is rising which makes people distrust other people, makes them feel more defensive of their property. This makes them more unwilling to just volunteer help. The lack of help makes people more desperate, less likely to just ask for assistance or trust that someone else will help them and then they commit more crimes. It just feeds into itself.

I'd be of two minds about this. On the one hand you can hope that it went to a needy dog and allowed he/she to eat for another few weeks. Maybe let it sort of contemplate things and whether there is some way you can help needy dog owners before they resort to this (although that would be a hard leap to make I think). Or you can be angry. Or maybe some combination of all of the above. Anyway....sorry it happened to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts