Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when a lot of people think of American Bullies they think of over done, short, fat, little hippos that cant even walk outside without falling out. Well Obi isnt your typical Bully, and today he got his first taste of the spring pole:) Cant wait to see how this little guy looks in a year or so.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You do have any recommendations to tone up my bully? He runs around a lot but everyone thinks he is fat and he really isn't its just their bulkiness. I want to tone up his muscles so he looks less chubby =-) I don't want to steal your post I apologize. I just realized your beautiful boy is a bully too and you seem to know a lot about them.

Do you think he is fat? I really am not sure about how he should look. and ever since he was a puppy he has had really poor stamina. I think the first owner got rid of him because they wanted a jogging companion and he will just lay out and not move if he decides he is done walking. its tough to move his 94lb butt once he decides to pull the dead weight thing. I just wanted to know if you had tips to interest him into doing more activities. I swear he has A.D.D.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First let me say, you have a very handsome boy there:) He isnt really very fat. He could use a little thinning down though. Overall very nice boy!

A major thing is to cut the food down. Obi gets one cup a day. Its a very simple thing to do to help them want to be more active. I mean you wouldnt want to run around in the heat for long periods of time if you sit around and eat twinkies all day would you? haha.

Another easy trick is to find something he likes to do. Obi loves to play with stuffed animals. Tie one to the end of a flirt pole and wala you have the perfect method of exercise. Hang one from a tree and you have hours of fun. Maybe your boy likes to play fetch? Or swim? Both very good ways to exercise.

I've heard hand walking is a great way to tone a dog up. So far its been working for me. I walk Obi 1/4-1/2 a mile a day and he is looking really nice.

Those are three things i've been told from plenty of experienced pit bull/bully owners. Good luck with your boy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts