Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can say that we didn't tip many folks this season.... I gave our cleaning lady an extra week of pay. And restaurant servers got 25% gratuity if they were good... but other than that, we didn't tip anybody.

The trash guy gave us a holiday card... not tipping him.... I know he makes $28 or more per hour, and frequently spills trash on the ground and doesn't clean it up.

And not the mail carrier, even though she gave a holiday card.... but we have like 3 people who deliver our mail.

The guy who cleaned our furnace hinted that he would like a tip... kept mentioning "The holiday season"..... but I only ever saw the guy once, and he canceled our appointment twice.

Other than that, we don't really have anybody to tip. We did send small presents to our kid's teachers ( under $20 ).... and we gave a $50 donation to the SPCA in lieu of a present to one teacher, who requested no gifts, but donations to the SPCA appreciated.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I don't have anybody to tip (although I never thought of the trash collector. . .). I don't get a newspaper, I don't have a dog walker/daycare provider or cleaning person, no kids so no teachers or daycare providers, and I work at the Post Office. Mail carriers aren't supposed to take cash tips anyway, but I saw that someone gave the regular carrier a gift card. And people have been giving the carriers cookies and candy all month (they bring them back to the office so I get some).

If the garbage collector is employed by the city (my garbage fee is included in the city bills, I don't pay him directly), does he still get a tip? Hmmm. Do I tape it to the garbage can or what?

·
Registered
262 Posts
My mom is in a Nursing Home. I tipped 6 of the nurse aides that do so much for her every day with so much care and love. I also got movie passes for a person there who does Notary stuff, and went above and beyond to help us out with some signatory work at no charge to us - we are lucky to have these angels watching over her, and I very much wanted them to know how appreciated they were.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I live in an apartment and we haven't eaten out recently so we had nobody to tip. I certainly wasn't going to tip the building management of my apartment complex considering how poorly they maintain these apartments.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I would have tipped the Mail person but she has refused to try to be friends with my two Schnauzer/Poodles since they were pups. Now she goes around and tells everyone that my two little dogs are the meanest dogs she has ever come across! :) She should have given them the treats I left for her to use 5 years ago. Her loss! They love everyone else in the world but HER! :) ... so no tips this year. :) Maybe next .... let's see how she handles Abbylynn. They have not met yet. :)

·
Banned
241 Posts
I would have tipped the Mail person but she has refused to try to be friends with my two Schnauzer/Poodles since they were pups. Now she goes around and tells everyone that my two little dogs are the meanest dogs she has ever come across! :) She should have given them the treats I left for her to use 5 years ago. Her loss! They love everyone else in the world but HER! :) ... so no tips this year. :) Maybe next .... let's see how she handles Abbylynn. They have not met yet. :)
Sounds like one of those people that just dislikes any and all dogs. Don't let her get you down! :wave:

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
We usually tip the garbage collectors and mail carrier, although my husband is in charge of that so I'm not 100% sure he did it this year. Whatever appointment is closest to the holidays I tip my hair stylist extra, and we tip the bartenders/servers at our regular haunts extra in the days before Christmas as well. Don't really use any other regular services.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
The only money I gave to was the Salvation Army that was in the mall the day I was. Other than that I didn't go out unless to get my parents, brother, my brother's girlfriend, aunt, and Luke gifts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts