Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea why our dog does this. He is a poodle/schnauzer cross and around 8-9 lbs. He is just small enough to wiggle under the couches. Then he turns around sticks his head out and lays there and whines! The only way to get him out is to bribe him with a treat! Sometimes that doesn't even work, just lays there in whines until we get tired of listening to him! Finally someone moves the couch and gets him out! Then he is all happy! Our best guess is that he wants someone to come down and play with him? But I guarantee, I will not fit under the couch! LOL

·
Registered
801 Posts
Silly human, haven't you ever played hide and seek before? :p
My dog does this too. Apparently, I'm supposed to get down on the floor and find her, then lure her out with one of her squeaky toys. Then the zoomiethon begins.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Muggsy would deliberately get his toys under furniture he couldn't fit under, then cry until I got it for him. And since I was up, why not play!

If you want to stop it, I'd put pillows, blankets, etc in between the couch and the floor, then redirect her to playing with you or obedience training when she tries to get under there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts