Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
It sounds like you're doing everything right! I'm in the same boat as you right now, I have a 10 week old puppy. I've done a lot of research online and this is the time to crate train them! So don't worry about it being too early!
I think having a very routine schedule is very helpful. But even right now, my puppy was doing great in his crate and has now decided to want to wake up earlier. What I have been doing, is if he wakes up crying - I see if he needs to do his business. But then he goes right back in his crate. He does usually cry, but I just wait it out. Everyone has told me this is perfectly normal, and to wait it out. They're testing you - so stay strong! I'm sure he's fine, he just wants some attention. Just make sure he isn't crying to go potty. If you're unsure, just take him outside to do his thing. Do not encourage any play or be exciting. He should go right back in the crate when he's done. He may cry again, but just ignore him!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.