Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my youngest female Rhodesian has been whining and keeping both me, and my mother up ALL night, EVERY night. Can someone give me advice on how to keep her quiet? We can't let her run around the house because she acts even worse, and would cause a lot of damage.. I'd really apreciate some advice, and fast.. I don't want my mom to put her down.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
If your mom is thinking of putting her down because of whining, then the dog needs a new home, obviously she has no care for the dog.

If you keep her in a kennel inside, take her for a nice run to tire her out, ridgebacks are pretty high energy dogs. They need runs and play time, and training throughout the day.

So, tire her out, put her in the kennel with something nice, like a kong with some treats in it, or a new bone that you know she can't chew down and swallow or choke on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The thing about that is, mom refuses to give her food, and she isn't leash trained (my dad never took the responsibility to, but said he did).. The only time we can let her out is when theres light outside... Even so, she just comes up within 1 or 2 minutes.. I'm really at a loss of how to get her to stop.. The only logical thing i can think of is a bone. I suppose I can get her one tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestions! (our other Rhodesians don't have the same problem. Her brother is a coward, and her mother is just old and confused [we used to breed rhodesians]) But anyway, thank you for the advice!:)- I put a rubber chew toy in her kennel and that helped a LOT. We can at least deal with her chewing. So I guess the bone after she's done her evening excercise is a good solution. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts