Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does your dog get up to?

Mine is is daycare but I am going to probably switch to a dog walker midday because my office is moving and I'm going to haev to leave earlier for work.

I actually feel like crap about that because I hate leaving her for more than 4-5 hrs

But she will adjust and so will I

She sleeps while I am gone, I rarely come back to find she has used her piddle pad pr played with a toy- she just flakes out

Yours?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mine both spend 4-5 hours in their crates while we're at work. I don't have a camera pointed at them while they're in there, so I assume they sleep. We put their antlers in there with them, so it's possible they chew those while we're away, too. Colby used to have free range of the house, but she let us know that was entirely too much freedom by teaming up with the cat and eating (yes, eating) a wooden spoon and a plastic spatula out of the dish rack one day last month. She's in the box now :)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
There is almost always some one at home. But if no one is home. Solo is locked in the basment as he sometimes will get in to the garbage. Blaze is free up stairs, he is good as gold. I like to keep them seperated as well if no one is home to watch. They get along like 2 peas in a pod, but you never know what could happen. so best to avoid it.
Blaze also comes to work with me often. Solo hates my work so stays home, but blaze loves coming to work with me.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I work from home...so when I'm at work, they don't get up to much. LOL The days when I'm off meeting with clients, I crate the puppy. Lars is loose and just sleeps away the day in the spare room or our bedroom where Ocean's crate is.

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Chester is loose in the house, he has access to the bedroom, living room and kitchen/dining room. The bathroom door is shut and the laundry room is blocked with a baby gate which he respects. Guest bedroom is shut off not because he would do anything bad, but because I want to keep it cleaner (less dog hair!) for guests. He is completely trustworthy and spends much of the day on the couch and alternating between looking out the front window and looking out the side window.

Foster Luna (and any other guest dog or foster dog) is crated in my finished back porch. If the guest dog is trustworthy out of a crate, they could have the run of the room but Luna is not trustworthy outside of her crate. She walks into her crate every morning without any issue or being told to go there and when I come home, if I walk in quietly, I can peek in the window and she is resting or napping calmly. When she hears me, she starts dancing to get out, but I know she hasn't been doing that until she knows I'm there.

Regardless of time frame or location, two dogs are never left alone together in my house.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Buffy usually spends most workdays (the 4 days where I work at an office) at my parents' house, playing with their dog, mostly on their enclosed porch, which has a doggy door, and back yard. If my parents have to go out, they will leave the 2 dogs together, locked on the porch with the doggy door shut.

But, occasionally, my parents have to do something that makes leaving Buffy there not an option. So, today, she's home at my house, with free reign of the living room and kitchen. The rest of the house is blocked off with a baby gate, giving my two cats access to the cat/computer room, my bedroom upstairs and the entire basement, where their litter boxes are. If Buff had to stay home for more than 2-3 days in a row, I would probably take her to daycare for one of those days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts