Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love statistics, especially extremes (e.g. East LA is 97% Hispanic) and "statistics" that make you do a double take (e.g. "Charmin bathroom tissue is 33 and 1/3 % softer than other bathroom tissues" - what??).

So I tried to see if there was a way to sort all DF threads based on views - couldn't find a way to do it for all. But I could check my own to see which of the threads I've started had the most views.

So take a guess which of the following threads had the most views (no fair running a search) -- rank them from most views to least, with 1 being the most viewed and 5 being the least.

My dog pooped at a rest stop!
How do your spoil your dog? I'm embarrassed to admit that I....
Post pics of your shepherds/mixes
Do you have your dog's teeth cleaned at the vet?
What questions to ask a groomer?

And tell us which of the threads you've started had the most views & how many views it received.

(Yes, this thread is proof positive that I have too much leisure time. At least between 1:00-3:00 in the morning.)

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I'm going to say that they had the most views in this order:

How do your spoil your dog? I'm embarrassed to admit that I....
My dog pooped at a rest stop!
Post pics of your shepherds/mixes
What questions to ask a groomer?
Do you have your dog's teeth cleaned at the vet?

My thread that had the most views was the Breed Tally! thread. People loved that one. It was fun. http://www.dogforums.com/2-general-dog-forum/43036-breed-tally.html

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
My "Why do dogs have curled tails?" thread has 461 views, just beating out "Gonna try Innova"

Of course, neither thread has 10 replies in it...

And why 461 people clicked the "Why do dogs have curled tails?"...that's a little...okay a LOT surprising. And here I thought it was a stupid dog question.

Looking back at some...(okay a lot) of those threads I've started, it made me wonder why I didn't know some of that stuff. I'm sitting here like "I can't believe I asked that.."

(e.g. "Charmin bathroom tissue is 33 and 1/3 % softer than other bathroom tissues" - what??).
I'd like to know how they figured that one out.

Or maybe I don't.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I'm gonna guess that your shepherd/mixes thread had the most views... my second guess would be "how do you spoil your dog?".

How do you see your threads by viewcount?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Wow, I can't believe I have only started 40 threads! But the one that got the most views is the one where my vet wanted me to change foods. It is about struvite crystals, a topic that seems to come up over and over.......

My second most popular one is about fall flowers :p

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I started a thread in the dog food forum a while back about Authority dog food...boring thread really, like 9 replies, but 5,000 and something views...weird and I wonder if it was targeted by some kind of bot if that's possible, and not actually read by 5,000 people.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And the answer....

#1 Do you have your dog's teeth cleaned at the vet? (1,408 views)
#2 What questions to ask a groomer? (478 views)
#3 How do your spoil your dog? I'm embarrassed to admit that I....(385 views)
#4 Post pics of your shepherds/mixes (261 views)
#5 My dog pooped at a rest stop! (51 views)

I thought the poop thing would have been the winner for sure! Then again, maybe not. :)

Rosemary: to find out the number of views your threads have rec'd, click on Search in the toolbar near the top of the screen, click on Advanced search, enter your own username in the box provided, click on Find threads started by user in the drop down, click on the Search button at the bottom of the screen. A list of your threads will come up showing both replies & views.

Salask - 780 views on the cost of gas???? Was it at least laughing gas? That I would click on.

Sheltiemom - I think the 5,000 views came from the marketing dept at Authority -- just one guy/gal with not enough to do but a burning desire to see how people view the brand compulsively checking the thread every 4.3 seconds for a new post.

MMM - your stinking fall flowers beat my dog poop thread?! Like by a million. That can't be right. I want a recount! Wait, I'm confused. Does poop stink??

MM - the order you picked is exactly what I would have said before I saw the numbers. And 1,700+ views on breed tally is not too shabby.

KB - have to confess I clicked on the curled tail thread, having a dog with a partially curled tail made me curious! re the bathroom tissue - I also do not want to know how they figured that out!

Shaina - Good boy Buck!

Reno - do you know if the bad day thread is the most viewed ever? Would love to know. As Darth would say, "Most impressive." (I warned that I was a numbers geek; being a Star Wars fan as well was almost a given, wasn't it?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts