Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I plan to groom myself the dog. The prices are too high at a grooming salon to do it as often as an ECS needs it.
Which hair trimmer / clipper would you recommend?
I am looking also for one that last long not only for one that does a great job 3 times.
THANK YOU

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ex-groomer here. Andis clippers work amazing and are easy to handle/grip. They are long lasting with proper care. Recommend getting a #10, #7, and #5 blades if you plan on doing a cocker clip. #7 blade is super short (for summer) while the #5 is just a bit longer (or if you want an even longer cut opt for a #4 or #3). The #10 is for pads, ears, and sanitary areas. The Andis clippers come with a #10 blade included. You will need to find somewhere that will sharpen your blades and you also may want to order a few replacement parts for the Clippers at some point. With proper care and maintenance, the clippers will last you years. Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ex-groomer here. Andis clippers work amazing and are easy to handle/grip. They are long lasting with proper care. Recommend getting a #10, #7, and #5 blades if you plan on doing a cocker clip. #7 blade is super short (for summer) while the #5 is just a bit longer (or if you want an even longer cut opt for a #4 or #3). The #10 is for pads, ears, and sanitary areas. The Andis clippers come with a #10 blade included. You will need to find somewhere that will sharpen your blades and you also may want to order a few replacement parts for the Clippers at some point. With proper care and maintenance, the clippers will last you years. Good luck.
THANK YOU.
My breeder mentioned about this. What do you think?
https://www.chewy.com/wahl-arco-se-cordless-horse-clipper-/dp/133884
Thanks again

·
Registered
627 Posts
I agree, I have groomed all my Schnauzers with A N D I S clippers and blades, excellent. Also have A N D I S nail grinder and it is great. Check to see which blades you need for a Cocker, I habe several types for Schnauzers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts