Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I use a few different kinds in the salon. Most of the time, I reach for Crown Royal #2, but I also use Ruff Out (EZ Groom) or Show Sheen on the double coated breeds. I also use The Answer (EZ Groom) on matted dogs.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I use the Furminator brand Spray....it smells good, loosens the undercoat and makes the coat soft & shiny.... ......and doesn't cause any itching!:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use magic touch/crown royal #2 (I think its for dense coats) . I use it because it was recommended for me by a professional groomer/handler whos dogs have VERY nice coats! Also I have tried other products by them and they seem to work good too.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I use Bark 2 Basics Demat with Antistat...it is not a strong smelling coat spray, doesn't weight down the coat, and contains no harsh chemicals. It really works well to help demat dogs, but also helps loosen shedding coat, and keeps a long coated dog from 'frizzing up' during his finish. It makes for a really nice soft coat too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pro-Groom by Lambert Kay.

It's alcohol free, doesn't have an overwhelming "perfumy" smell, and has a coat conditioner.

I've tried other brands but I haven't found anything I like better than Pro-Groom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use Silk by Laser Lites for my show dogs. I used to use Show Sheen but found it dries out the cuticle to much for my type of breed - (Havanese) I also like the isle of Dogs Grooming Spray.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Right now I use CC's Ice on Ice which I like. I do have and sometimes use The Stuff and it works okay. I'm thinking about trying out something in the Crown Royal line. I've also heard good things about the Coat Handler line and Quicker Slicker.

I find that what works well in a pinch is to dilute (a lot) your favorite conditioner in a spray bottle and using that. Just don't saturate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used CC's Ice on Ice. It's a good detractor of mud and helps to not let the dinginess set in on the whites. I have used 'The Stuff' but although it will help the detangle, there are things I like much better and I find I have to bathe way too much using 'The Stuff' on a regular basis.

I rarely use a slicker except for moments of desperation as it damages the hair, breaks the cuticle and causes more knots. Dirty and damaged hair creates more problems in the long run. I will use a slicker on the feet as it is cut on a regular basis but not on body hair unless its a pet. I can't on the show dogs. When I use a slicker I use the Les Pooches Pro Line med/soft brush - which is in essence is the same as a slicker but does less damage. Still - due to showing, I tend to use it sparingly.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I love EQyss products, especially Survivor, even though it's rare my Poodles have mats. I like it because a tiny little dab will take care of the entire dog (even my big male), and it doesn't have silicone in it, like The Stuff, Cowboy Magic, and some others. Their coats are beautiful, and they smell marvelous! I like Crown Royal, and CCs Ice on Ice ok, but it's a little spendy, so would rather stick with EQyss to get a great product and more bang for my buck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts