Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

in about 18 days me and my 2 dogs ( GSD-Lapinporokoira Mix 1 year and Yorki-Poo almost2) are moving to the states from germany.
Here in germany i feed them http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/bosch/bosch_adult/14815 which my big one like, the little one, well she is really picky and wont eat a brand longer then a week...then she is putting up a fight, rather eat nothing then the food. I dont give in on that, because im tired of buying her a different kind every single week...

I thought about raw feeding, but i know, there is alot you can do wrong. Mixing the ingredients like vitamins and stuff.
Should i try to start feeding them raw or can anybody suggest a good preferably grain free dog food or something similar to the one im feeding right now.
I dont really care about the price..
WetFood is out of the question because neither one of my dogs stomach is handeling it very good.

Thank you

Nicole

·
Registered
31 Posts
Raw feeding can be amazing but if you're not sure about it, a good dog food here in the states is Taste of the wild. It's what we use for our dogs.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You could try freeze-dried/dehydrated foods like ZiwiPeak, Sojos or the Honest Kitchen for the picky little one. My Shih Tzu was so picky she'd refuse to eat her kibble until she got sick from having an empty stomach. Now that I feed her Ziwipeak in the morning and Sojos in the evening she gobbles her food up and scoots the bowl around the floor trying to lick up the last bits of food. If you want to feed kibble then Blue Buffalo Wilderness, Wellness Core or Taste of the Wild are good.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Some good brands of dog food:
Taste of the Wild
Blue Wilderness
Acana
Orijen
Fromm 4 Star

If you want to do some more research on raw a good place to start is http://preymodelraw.com/
There isn't really any mixing involved with feeding raw, you just need to make sure they are getting the appropriate amount of meat (80%), bones (10%) and organs (10%) over the course of a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts