Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have fed Purina for over 35 years.

Right now all 3 of my dogs, 2 Dobes( 11 years and 8 1/2 years old) and my (8 1/2 year old)pitbull, have all been eating Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice for most of their lives. I had been feeding the pro plan chicken, but the pitbull was sensitive to it so I switched them all to the salmon and rice and since then Pearl the Pitty has had no allergy symptoms at all!

All are healthy and happy dogs!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rachel Ray Just 6- also mix in some prurina steak flavor moist and meaty with it. My dog don't do corn very well, bullys are very gassy!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also use 4 health from Tractor Supply. Reasonable price, well rated. My dog is doing great on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We are still looking for a "good" dogfood, since the one we are feeding right now, is not available in the states...
So i think ill just test a cpl. any recommendation is welcome..lol..

·
Registered
689 Posts
The sled dogs get RedPaw Poweredge 32k and the pet dogs get a sport mix that our feed store sells. :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've been feeding Fromm's Gold and have just switched to Natural Balance: Instinct.
The only reason for switching brands is that I can now afford a better food whereas I couldn't before. I love both brands :]

·
Registered
717 Posts
Solid Gold, last few years using the WOlf (KING< CUB< WEE BIT) formula- it has worked well for our Boxers, schnauzer, Bernese Mt dog...

·
Registered
490 Posts
A mixture of what we eat and Advantage Puppy Plus.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Acana Ranchlands (grain-free). We're just switching over from Taste of the Wild and the jury is still out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm feeding Felix Diamond's Lamb and Rice kibble with some nonfat store brand plain yogurt to go along with it. When we first adopted him he had severe acid reflux and symptoms of IB. Ever since we got him on Diamond, he's fewer stomach upsets. Diamond was also the best deal in the quality department I could find. I can get a 50lb bag here for $30. Ellie is eating Purina Proplan wet puppy food until she gets enough teeth in her mouth. I'll probably start switching her to Diamond within a week with the progress she's making.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Right now we're feeding Kirkland's Lamb and Rice.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I used Purina for my dogs before, then I switched to a raw meat diet for my dogs. They were much healthier since.
I love raw! All four of my pets are on it right now. I bet your dogs look so much healthier! Purina has menadione which really scares me, I bet your glad no more of that :)

When I was on kibble I fed Taste of the Wild, Orijen, and Canidae and Wellness Canned.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Solid gold all the way-- have tried other brands over 15 years and 4 dogs but solid gold is what works for us (our dogs 2 Boxers, a Giant Schnauzer, a Bernese Mt dog) -- currently really like the "Wolf " formulation...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts