Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roscoe is a very, very well-behaved dog and am so lucky to have gotten such a docile shelter boy. He spends most of his time being a couch potato. He is allowed on one couch in the living room and on my bed, and he realizes that any other furniture is off-limits.

i'm just having trouble finding a spot to teach him basic commands like sit and down so that i can ensure he'll know them at the vet or pet store or park (and also, he doesn't like treats. i can't even get him to eat cheese!). each time i try and have a short training session, he will run back to the couch he knows he is allowed on. i do my best not to tolerate it, pulling him off the couch, saying no firmly, and leading him to another room.

where have you found is the best place to train? outside is so distracting and my room is too small.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Train everywhere. Outside, inside, upside down. Dogs don't generalize well so a dog that is trained to the T inside, may not behave outside unless you train there as well.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
EVERYWHERE.

Bathroom, kitchen, living room, bed room, back yard, front yard, garage, driveway, park, vet office, petsmart, pet co, home depot. EVERYWHERE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts