Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend wants to start wearing those men's blazers that go with a suit for his new job, but he doesn't have any experience with buying them. Does anybody have any suggestions for stores that have good deals and affordable prices? Also any other tips he should be aware of?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
My brother likes Men's Wearhouse. He says it's a good balance of price and quality. They have helpful employees (too helpful! Make sure he knows what he wants or they'll sell him everything in the store!), so they can help him to find what looks best on him. Does he just want a sports coat or a full suit?

·
Registered
731 Posts
http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_60/83_fashion_advice.html
That's good basic info about choosing suits.

Yeah Men's Wearhouse or Macy's usually have good employees to help measure him and help him find a right fit. They also have a fairly decent price at both specially if there's a sale which both tend to have suit blowouts between seasons.

I think the best way to go is a single breasted 100% wool blazer in a dark color as it can go in a lot of directions and for different occasions other than work and dress it up and down based on the shirt, tie vest, cufflinks, etc. It can be put with a shirt and jeans as well.

I'm a suit freak. If I was a man I would have all kinds of daring combos. Love em.

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Kohls and Burlington Coat Factory often have good prices on suits and blazers.
If he gets fitted at Macys or another higher end store (Nordstroms usually has good fitters), he can take that knowledge and go buy something at thrift stores or outlet stores etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts