Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Where should I put crate for puppy?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Thracian 
She should definitely be in the room with you. You want her to love having her own little den-not resent being isolated when she is in it. You can also keep her with you on a leash or whatever inside the house so you can watch her and that way she is with you but not wandering off getting into trouble and leaving you "little gifts" around the house.
I would take her out at least twice an hour- or whenever she starts to sniff the ground--and use a code word- like "hurry up" when she is outside-keep repeating it(the neighbors will think you are nuts- thats ok)then
when she goes--bring her right back in- so she gets the idea that outside is for potty--she will get the idea in no time.
Good luck! What kind of puppy is she? Pictures please

Oh my gosh she is adorable!!!
You are going to have so much fun with her.
That's a good mix, too I'll bet she is really smart- she should be easy to train.
Keep posting pictures I would love to watch her grow up

She probably wasn't with her littermates long enough to learn biting limits.
One thing that I found works really well is when they start to bite( and all puppies go through that phase) when she makes contact- make a really high pitched sound like oh how to describe it--like a high pitched squeeky sound-
like eeeeee- you will be suprised how quickly they back-off. It's like the noise that the littermates or mother would make to let her know that she is hurting them. You have to do that every time, and then replace your fingers, arm, clothes, whatever she is biting with something appropriate like a toy or puppy teething chew. She will learn.
She is probaby crying because she wants to come out and play but I still think it's better that she can see you--make her crate really comfy-she will probably go so sleep.
She is really cute
Beth
I'm glad you found her did her littermates get good homes, too??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.