Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newest two...

1. Making odd noises at me when he sees me. Not barks, groans, or whimpers, more like...I don't know how to describe them. It's like roowwrrororr or something. The squeaking while yawning was weird enough! That and a hah hah hah hah hah sound...kinda loud too. Must be the dog laughter I read about one time.

I mean, he'll just stretch and make that kind of sound at me.

2. Licking me to death. I must suddenly taste REALLY good to him, or he's become quite affectionate ever since I let him sleep in the room with me.

In fact his whole demeanor has shifted a little...not as fearful/skittish and when he does get nervous, much easier to keep control of him (when I'm around anyway).

One really funny looking one...he was sitting next to me. We both were sitting on a hill just looking around. I move over a little. He sort slides over to maintain the same distance. I do it again. He does it again. It's like he wants to stay x inches away no matter what

Did this like 5 times before he looked at me like "what are we doing, again?" :D

There's probably some canine message in here he's throwing that I haven't caught yet. Please enlighten me :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
1. I think that is a dog laugh. I also read that when they see you and stretch with their butt in the air and their front paws straight in front of them, they respect you. I guess that could be true. My dog does that when I come in the door; it's not that she wants to play though.

2. I think dogs, like people, have their personal space. Some dogs can't seem to be close enough; others just want to maintain a certain distance.

I think, in my amateur opinion, it sounds like your dog is doing well and you two are becoming quite bonded.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so, that would be great.

I just did the sitting 'game' again, but this time I moved away from him, and he slid over again :D

Not only personal space, but not too far from me either. This is cool :)

He does that stretch you describe to me all the time. If he walks towards me, he'll do it (probably a calming signal then) and if I walk by, he'll do it just like you describe.

Off the topic some, but I notice noises don't bother him at all if he's in my room and I'm there. He'll just keep on sleeping. Nice to know he's feeling safe too (or maybe he's just too zoned out to hear LOL).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts