Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

where do you shop for a dog collar?

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Canyx 
#1 ·
hi i am a new pet owner and i wanted to buy a collar online i found a very nice store on etsy.com its a PetButik store. they got a very nice selection of collats with swarovsky elements for a really good prices. so i just wanted to ask if anybody knows about etsy and if it is a real deal?

#2 ·
I got Jubel's new collar from a vendor off etsy and really like it. Don't know anything about the vendor you are looking at though. Etsy is sorta like ebay in some respects, it is just connecting vendors and buyers. Most vendors should have ratings for their service from buyers if you are worried about that specific one.

#4 ·
The thrift store. Old leather belts with a D ring slid over them make great collars, and usually cost about $2. Or I get stuff from Ruff Wear because I love that company's products. If I buy those, then I wait until I find a killer deal online to get it.

#5 ·
I get mine at dog shows quite frequently

#11 ·
Anywhere, if i see one i like i buy it, her last one was from the pet shop down the road, the one before that was from the range, which i doubt you guys have over there, and the one before that came from the vets, and the others i think have all been from different sites online.

#13 ·
I LOVE our leather collars. He has 3 now and I don't think I'll purchase too much of nylon in the future anymore.

The only thing we use the cheaper collars for is swimming in the chlorinated pool, but otherwise, he wears his leather.

We have 1 from Paco Collars (www.pacocollars.com) and two from Ella's Lead (www.ellaslead.com) - both are fantastic, and I love the quality of both! Yes they are pricey, but honestly, it took me 3 years to get Jackson his first *nice* leather collar, and I'll never look back. These should last him YEARS, if not for the rest of his life.

#14 ·
I ella's lead is very reasonably priced, considering you can pick your leather and bling and have it embroidered etc. The ones for bigger dogs are more expensive, but I found the two small collars I got where cheaper than anywhere else that sold leather collars, and no where else let me customise them.

#16 ·
I make my own leather collars. I also sell them to others. Not allowed to advertise my own stuff here though lol.

I have a 2Hounds Design collar though. They make nice fabric martingales.

#18 ·
I buy my dogs' collars anywhere and everywhere. If I see one I like, I typically get it. Lol I have a problem too. Lol! I'm saving up to get Dixie a Paco Collar. And I've also been debating on getting Dixie and Todd Lupine collars (Jasper already has one that I love :D ).

#19 ·
I pretty much look everywhere I shop that carries collars and purchase what I like & think will stand up to my big, though boy.

I have a couple of cheap nylon collars, one from a local feed store and the other from Walmart.

This collar is from 2 Hounds Design

Also a 2HD collar

This set (and the leash above) are from All Things Bright and Biothane

#20 ·
OHH NOOOO, not another collar thread! (let's hope PatchworkRobot doesn't get whiff of this one :D)

I start out just buying one cheap from Petsmart or Petco. Then when I feel like my dog has 'earned' his own custom collar I look for high end online shops (via ideas from people on this forum) or on etsy. I think I've just bought Soro's forever-collar, a custom made braided kangaroo leather tag collar from a wonderful person on etsy.
I also made my own out of polyester cord because I couldn't find the exact kind of slip collar I wanted. So I would say a little bit from everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.