Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a case of Merrick before Grain tripe at the feedstore. But it's cooked. Are their better sources for raw tripe? Or should cooked be fine once a week?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I see tripe at my grocer's too but it is cleaned. I am currently stuck with BG as well. It IS good stuff though. Have you looked through dogaware's sources of green tripe? The branded tripe distributors have websites with stores selling product. You could contact a local store selling Oma's Pride, Bravo or some other raw food company that sells green tripe.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see tripe at my grocer's too but it is cleaned. I am currently stuck with BG as well. It IS good stuff though. Have you looked through dogaware's sources of green tripe? The branded tripe distributors have websites with stores selling product. You could contact a local store selling Oma's Pride, Bravo or some other raw food company that sells green tripe.
I get my raw tripe from my raw food supplier. You can also order it through these guys. www.greentripe.com
Thanks that gives me couple of options. And it's good to now the BG tripe will work regardless. It is a lot easier for me to get than ordering.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
green tripe is so unbearably smelly to me that i am happy that iorek didn't really like it. liver and kidney does not smell anything more than any other raw meat to me, but cooked liver is really bad!

sorry to get a little off topic here, but do you think that dogs need to have green tripe every week? it is available to me through my raw food supplier but i cannot stand the smell of it. but, if it really is necessary then i will try iorek with it again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Eww! Gross! I look forward to feeding my dog nasty smelling meat. I did a little google research and this is what I came up with:

So how can something so disgusting, be so good? These same gastric juices and enzymes not only aid the animal in digestion, but also aid the dog in digesting and efficiently utilizing his food. The amino acids are necessary for muscular development and, the other gastric juices, we believe, are the best cleaner for their teeth! Finally, because of it’s rubbery texture, serving it in large chunks also aids the canine in strengthening it’s jaw muscles and has an added benefit as a form of canine dental floss.

http://www.admirationwellness.com/products/green_tripe.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts