Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi im new here and hes my 1st shih tzu in our family his other siblings has beard already and mine still dont have and its snout is slightly long than his siblings... Im getting depress and wonder will he ever get his own beard?

He used to have pinkish sking but not its not often turn pink cause i bought him some electric fan. Now his fur on his ears and legs growing already yet no still signs of bearding :<

Heres Grizzly's Pic hes 2 months already

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Are you sure that's a purebred shih tzu? My neighbor when I was a kid used to breed their shih tzu and we used to play with the pups and none of them ever looked like that. They were all shaggy with flattish faces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so that what my niece said... i just want bearded dog ....i got Austrailian Terrier and have duaghter from dachshund still got beared =/

·
Registered
339 Posts
This dog doesn't look a shih tzu to me, it looks more like some sort of terrier. My shih tzu x pekeingnese mix started to get her beard and mustache at around 3 months. Her mustache grew faster than her beard though. Her beard started to really fill out at around 5 months.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Agreed, doesn't look like a shih tzu to me. Might have terrier in it, my terrier got his beard at around 5-6 months old.

But I hope you didn't get the dog JUST to have a dog with a beard?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i wanted shih tzu cause how the way they look so ofcourse i want beard =/

omg hope this isnt half papillon l

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Where did you get the dog? Did you meet both of its parents or only the mom?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah I would say not a Shih Tzu. My girl is only half and this is what she looked like at that same age.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Yeah, he is an adorable puppy! I'm sorry he won't grow a beard, but he is still super cute and should be a lot of fun. Treat him well!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well... i got him from a breeder my niece let me chose and i pick him since hes looks unque than his siblings... so i raise him since 1 month old now hes 2 months i saw his sibling and they got beared =/ i asked my niece if thier cobbie (his older batch) is like that ...and she said yeah until 3-4 months itll grow beard...

im ok with other breed such as maltese and lhasa apso :/ still cant understand why hes beardless till now...he was having allergy lately hope it was a factor with his beard growth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Urg...i got Jackrussel Terrier mix GOD shes annoying atm dont understand a thing all my cloths is been ripoff LOL

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
One month old is awfully young... puppies should not go to new homes until they're 8 weeks old. Is the pup doing okay now that it's two months old? Not biting you too much, or anything? You should get into some puppy classes once it has its first two sets of shots.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
He needs to go through puberty first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if Grizzly biting me i just play till he tireds out...then goes to sleep...
The Jackrussel is outside since she shed too much fur and she tends to dominate you so its best for her outside where shes free together with the other Terriers

And theres no puppy class here since i live in province...

And RaeganW what do you mean Puberty? you mean he has a chance to grow beard? Not Whiskers right?

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Yeah I would say not a Shih Tzu. My girl is only half and this is what she looked like at that same age.

omg, stop with Lo pics, I cannot stand this. Amazing how her color changed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts