Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
All my training is as we go, there is so many OB /attention skills to apply in just living in our home doing our daily schedule to take advantage of teaching skills and applying them. We do them everyday so plenty of consistent opportunity of practicing together everyday that is repetitive events for learning them. Focused projection is so natural for people when they on a task using the environment around them.

example: puppies follow you everywhere... doing your cleaning chores in and out of rooms. perfect opportunity to teach wait at the door put a baby gate in place. The puppy has to wait they can still see you at a close distance that is not over stimulating and easy to reward them at close intervals for waiting outside the gate and it's a quick training session for a short time of why your in the room to maybe put something up , make the bed and your done... Then you can switch it up that use given the command they can come inside the room with you and help you put things up or make the bed... I do find that when owners use actual task, and the environment, their projection, timing and cues are so more on point and exact as the owner can see it in their own heads..

adding " That all of your body will follow through of what your projecting to your dog" My dad always said that if I look and focs exactly where I am throwing the baseball my entire body will follow through in getting it there. And he was right has some really legendary moments in my youth of getting a ball from outfield into a squatted down catchers mitt. lol Best times with the dogs is the same is knowing where we going with a moment.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.