Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I really love animals. Currently I have a dog, so far I have raised it for half a year. Compared to when it first bought it, it was much taller. I don't know if it will stop growing taller? And if so, when? Because I don't want it to be too tall.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Depends on the breed. Smaller dogs tend to reach their adult height at a younger age, while larger dogs tend to reach their adult height later. All dogs tend to fill out and gain mass even after they reach their adult height.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You cannot stop growth. If the dog is altered young, they tend to grow taller because the Growth Plates do not close as early.

Love and accept your dog for whatever he/she is. You cannot control growth.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Generally speaking medium to large dogs will reach their adult height around a year old. Small breeds can get their adult height as young as 6 months and giant breeds can take up to 2 years. Filling out is a different story.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on the breed. Smaller dogs tend to reach their adult height at a younger age, while larger dogs tend to reach their adult height later. All dogs tend to fill out and gain mass even after they reach their adult height.
Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You cannot stop growth. If the dog is altered young, they tend to grow taller because the Growth Plates do not close as early.

Love and accept your dog for whatever he/she is. You cannot control growth.
Of course, no matter what happens, I will love my dog.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Generally speaking medium to large dogs will reach their adult height around a year old. Small breeds can get their adult height as young as 6 months and giant breeds can take up to 2 years. Filling out is a different story.
Thanks you so much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts