Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have left our dog into a vet and are waiting to hear back from them but am wondering what we might be looking at. She has been vomitting quite a bit and overnight her vomit was a green colour, with what seemed to be grass in it. She has inflamed inner eyelids and redness on the white part of her eye. She has been very lethargic and is unsure on her feet at times. She seems to be short of breath and is only taking small laps of water.

2 days ago she was 100%, she is the most energetic dog ever! Yesterday morning this is how she was. We took her to the vet and he gave her a shot and said it was an allergic reaction to something she ate. The vte said if her situatuation wasn't improved today to bring her back. She was still bad so now she's back in the vets on a drip and has had her blood taken to test.

What could we be possibly be looking at? The vet has been very cagey but doesn't seem too optimistic. We would be devestated if we lost her, I know my wife would be severely distraght.

EDIT: I should probably had that there has been no diarrea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about outside? Or a leaking radiator off your car? Have you heard form the vet yet?
Well she does go off a running now and again and I don't know where she has went to, so I don't know what she might have been at. But I have to ring the vet back in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just letting you know that the vet got back to me and has said that it was severe dehydration/exhaustion/sun stroke. He says that she is responding really well to the IV drip and we should be able to pick her up tomorrow.

Hopefully he's right.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Wow, good you took her to the vet. It can be difficult to recover from dehydration and sun stroke is very serious. Since it happened overNIGHT I would think something else could be involved. Was blood work done?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Maybe heat stroke? I had that at night before and it's terrible. Hopefully the vet is right and your pup will be back to it self again. Next time, try and not let him run loose, then you will know for sure if he's been poisoned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, another twist. She hasn't recovered fully and now the vet is saying that she WAS poisoned...He has taken another set of blood samples to do further tests. I am going to properly secure my back yard so there's no chance of this again.

This is going to cost a fortune but if she gets better it'll be worth it.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add she's 5, so not a pup, and should know better! ;) :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
poisoned? it makes me so mad that people would go out there and poison pets!!!
I hope your dog recovers well and soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts