Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
It took them almost the whole show to get it out because they kept using the wrong tools to get a hold of it and they said if they hadn't been able to get it out on the last try they were going to have to surgically remove it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
They couldn't get it out with an endoscope with Joey so it was surgically removed. The problem was that it had also unraveled a bit and got caught up in the beginning of his intestines. The vet needed to open his intestines up in a few places too. He had to spend a week at the vet's office to recover from the surgery. They just couldn't get him to eat for a few days.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well....the poor guy has had a rough summer. While he was recouperating at the vet's office they gave him pain shots in his shoulders. He had what the vet believes is a reaction to those shots. He got these oozing sores on his shoulders that spread and got deep. He basically lost all the fur and skin from his shoulders to halfway down his back. He spent another month at the vet's office for daily bandage changes and wound cleaning. After lots and lots of bandage changes the wound on his back has closed and some of the fur has grown back, but he's got a little way to go yet. And we're not entirely sure all the hair will grow back. But he's feeling a lot better and he's back to his goofy little self.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm glad your Joey made it through all of that.Guys like scars to show off their battlewounds-it'll make him look tougher-more macho.

My current dogs have chewed up shoes and minor stuff-but my Aussie chewed up one arm and two cushions of a brand new couch.I couldn't afford to have it replaced so I bought some fabric and sewed arm covers and cushion covers onto the sofa.She also liked to chew up linoleum floors.She chewed up two of them.Fortunately she stopped being a chewer when I bought Lucy when Candace was around 3 years old.Since she had company during the day-she never chewed anything else up.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
He is so cute and it looks like he has trouble written all over his face wondering what can I do next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
our English springer spaniel Millie chewed up my nana‘s Fitbit that costed $100 my nana has a new one my nana also has a Apple Watch that Millie didn’t chew up yet.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
This thread is twelve years old.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.