Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the puppies are 3 weeks old! Can you believe that? They can walk, nibble on food, and unfortunately bark. For anyone who doesn't know the mom belongs to my cousin and I'm most likely getting one of the puppies, they are the product of an accident. I spend every weekend with the little guys! They're growing up so fast! The black and brown ones definitely look like rottie or GSD mixes, they're BIG pups for their age. I have videos and TONS of pictures! They moved them to a kiddie pool to keep them from getting around the little pen they're in but they're already able to climb over the pool as you'll notice in the pics!
Here's the male we'll probably get if we get a male I'm sure you can see why-

Happy(the mom) and babies, she's a happy mom-

A tired little puppy and his curious sibling

Mad because she's behind bars!-

Puppy kisses!-

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
believe it or not but they all sleep like this-

My favorite-

Just hanging out-

The black and white male looking for his mom-

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The biggest boy wondering what that bright light that keeps blinding him is-

Just laying around

*DONE*
Thanks for looking!
We've narrowed them down to two possible puppies we may get; I'm opting to get the brown and black male (the one in the video), and my brother really likes the cream girl. They get their first set of shots next week :eek:.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
so stinking cute! Do you have homes all lined up for them? WOW! You are going to be pretty busy these next few weeks. :) Cute but messy little guys, huh?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
just a note, they don't need those shots until about 8 wks old...you're putting that into them for nothing as they have all their immunities thru the momma till then....i would recommend not as there are "links" to vaccine reaction in puppies, to start...have them wait till they are 8 wks for both the shots and a worming and have the stools checked for worms b/4 doing that, even.....just my recommendation (remember Angels, the Collie, story on here?)....

forgot to say, they are adorable and i like the bl/tan one myself.....

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone, Tirluc thank you for reminding me of that I'll tell them about it. I like the big black and tan male too...
Bad news everyone...I'm crying right now..
The mom, happy, got hit by a car last night. She died a few minutes after being hit, in my uncle's arms.Then everyone realized that her babies were now orphans...all 7 of them. They bought puppy formula and the puppies are taking to it well. They're only 3 weeks old now they're vulnerable to disease without their mother's milk, they've been crying all night for her, and they will take a tremendous amount of time to care for, I hope they can do it.What will 7 puppies do without their mother? We really need to focus on her puppies and make sure they're well taken care of. :( :(

In honor of their mother Happy http://www.dogforums.com/18-pet-memorial-forum/52689-happy.html

Thanks everyone, please pray for the puppies. It's been rough for them since last night

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh that is so sad about their mommy. They were all so happy.

When I played the first video, my dog came up to the laptop and kept turning her head back and forward saying "huh" what is that noise? My other pup came in and just kind of looked.

Cute pictures. Glad someone is taking care of the babies.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry :( She was a beautiful dog. They're gorgeous little pups, I'm glad they're still doing ok.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Snuggles and KenyiGirl. Everyone is doing a little better :) The puppies are getting plenty of care and someone's with them constantly. They're hungry little things! They go through one box of puppy milk a day! and the puppy milk is $12/box!! That's $84 a week and the vet wants them on a combination of puppy milk and puppy food until they're six weeks and then they'll go straight to puppy food. With their mom they would be completely weaned at about 4-5 weeks! Hopefully they'll find out something because along with the vet care and the cost just to feed the pups it'll be outrageous! On a happy not the pups are doing great! Who would of thought they would have adjusted so quickly? Especially when they were so dependent on their mother. :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
That would get expensive. They aren't pure breed are they? I was just thinking if they were and you were getting money for the pups, then it may help a little on their food.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about the mommy, she looked so happy too. Things happen that are sometimes out of our control :(

I hope things work out for the puppies, they are so cute and kudos for taking care of them!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would get expensive. They aren't pure breed are they? I was just thinking if they were and you were getting money for the pups, then it may help a little on their food.
Nope they're a mix between Flat Coated retriever and GSD or Rotti and other things. They were an Oops litter. I know I was thinking of telling them to ask for an adoption fee but most of the pups are going to friends and family. :confused: I don't know what they'll do. I told them to slowly transistion them to a solid food diet so they'd be eating solids by 5 weeks entirely.

I'm so sorry to hear about the mommy, she looked so happy too. Things happen that are sometimes out of our control :(

I hope things work out for the puppies, they are so cute and kudos for taking care of them!
I know :( Thank you. They are pretty cute huh? :rolleyes: Thank you very much

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well at least maybe they could be adopted early since they don't have a "real mommy". Do you know what I mean?
Yeah we might take our little guy early because he would get more one on one time here with us because we'd be able to be with him all the time and focus on just him, but I also want him to spend time with his siblings as he'll learn alot from them like bite inhibition. We'll see! It's really just important they get what they need and we're trying to give them our best..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts