Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! I've been trying to figure out what my dog is that I got from the pound. There's been so many suggestions from people that I meet that I wanted to see what others thought also. Any suggestions would be great!! Thank you for your replies. Also he's around 8 months old and weighs around 55 pounds.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
It's an odd mix, I know. . .but I saw a dog on a rescue site that looked like that, and they said he was a Boxer/Collie mix. I don't know if that was confirmed or if they were just guessing, too. But with the brindle and the Boxer markings and the long muzzle/not much of a stop. . .it's as good a guess as any!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of people have said boxer with something else. I wish I could know for sure. its got me perplexed. they said at the pound it was pit bull mixed with something else but I just don't see much pit in him.

·
Registered
259 Posts
He's a mutt. Duh. You answered the question within your question.

Kidding, but I don't see the pit either. Boxer I was thinking, but no clue as to what else.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
That's pretty eerily similar to my pup. Do you have any parent info on your dog to help me figure out what mine came from??
Sure. This is his mother:

XD

I just like to use him as an example that genetics are funny and it's just fun to try and guess what could have made that dog. We have no idea what the dad looks like, and mama is an Alaskan Husky. Your pup would have to shoot up to 80 some lbs as an adult for me to guess that he is similar to my guy though. ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
With that coat, Boxer mix is my guess. For fun you could do DNA testing. Who knows, maybe he's part Poodle!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Despite different coloring and coat (ours is black and white with a mid length coat), his shape, face and demeanor is very much like that of my youngest mutt. We had her DNA tested and it came back BC/Boxer/Greyhound, plus some other stuff in lesser amounts, so I think Spirit of Cotons might not be far off. Ours is 52 pounds at 9 months, so they are close in size too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would say he is purebred BC too.
I got Tee from a dog pound and assumed he was a mix with maybe brittney spaniel... kinda longy legs and bown spots on his legs. As with the OP's dog, they have similar markings on the face and white tip at the tail which makes me see BC.

Tee is a great cow dog and he's always taken his job seriously and even playing fetch is serious business. lol :) Doesn't really matter to me if he's a mix or not. We love him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts