Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago i adopted this pup from a shelter. They were unsure of his age exactly but at youngest he was 8 weeks when we adopted him & weighted 4 pounds. They said he was some sort of aussie mix possibly with a smaller spaniel? He is not 11 weeks and weights 6 pounds. He is very lovey & protective of me but also has a yappy bark which sounds to me like a small dog such as a chihuahua. He loves to play & bite on anything he can toys, bones, hands, shoes, pants! Here are some pictures of Astro over the past 3 weeks! What do you think he's mixed with?

/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image.png
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-3.jpeg
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-7.jpeg
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-6.jpeg
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-9.jpeg
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-4.jpeg
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-8.jpeg
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-5.jpeg
/Users/joeylynnhenderson/Desktop/image-2.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for some reason my picture are only showing up as urls & you have to copy and past to see them? anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
You're copying them from your computer when you need to upload them to a hosting service like Photobucket. We can't see pics directly from your computer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The link you posted worked for me. I definitely see the aussie. It is hard to tell at this age if there's anything else in there. He does look rather small/refined. It will be more obvious when he's older. :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
OMG he is ADORABLE!!! I love his name too.

This was our suspected Aussie/Cocker mix at approx. 9-10 weeks. (At about 8-9 weeks she was somewhere around 7-9lbs.)

IMG_9877a by rzyg, on Flickr

and this is her from yesterday at just under 2 years of age. She is about 16" at the shoulder and about 28lbs.....
IMG_5055a by rzyg, on Flickr

Aussies are nippers that is for sure. Belle loves to bite the back of your feet like she is herding you. She is much better now though then when she was a puppy.

Have you started a photo thread in the photo area? You need to cause I want to see more of this cute little boy!! Your boy looks smaller than Belle was around that age...ears are not nearly as furry as Belle's either. Did they say why they thought spaniel? I really don't see spaniel in there but I do see Aussie...mixed with something smaller.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
To post photos from photobucket you want to use the IMG link. All you should need to do is click it and it should self highlight, it does for me anyway. Then paste it. I don't typically have issues and I keep my photos on photobucket. The other links may not work (I haven't tried them here but they don't on other boards), they are for other sharing applications like FB and messaging.

I do see the Aussie but am not seeing the spaniel. Just small Aussie maybe aussie and pom?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
he sure is cute I would agree with the aussie mix because of the coloring.

how i post pictures is go to photo bucket go to right side of screen where you see the img click on that copied should come up go back to dog forum upper left side of screen in reply you will see what looks like a picture click on that erase the http click to paste what you copied from photobucket hit the ok button then hit the post quick reply button right side of screen

i did a picture for you. resizing pictures is an option if you want

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Another guess for an Aussie mix here plus a heap of downright cuteness!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts