Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Dogforum,

I have enjoyed alot of great information on this site ...the people here are friendly and giving and I like that alot. I have been reading this forum for a while but decided to join and post when the following happened...

2 days ago I was outside and a strange dog came into the yard. He was skinny and excited and was wearing no collar.

He looked like he was an amstaf or perhaps a boxer/pit mix of some kind ...

I kinda ingnored the dog and let him walk around the yard...I went inside and he eventually found his way onto the porch...

And thats where he has been for 2 days ...every time i go out he follows me everywhere i go ....i started walking to my car and by the time i got there he was already inside ...he jumped through the open window....

He is actually a really good dog...He listens and obeys commands very well ...I tell him to get off the porch and he will go sit at the bottom of the steps and wait for me to tell him he can come up.

But I cant have a dog ..I am moving this weekend to a new apartment and NO PETS allowed policy ...this wasnt a problem 2 days ago ...anyways what would you do ?:confused:
sincerely,
jessie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negotiate with the apartment manager. If he won't budge, find another apartment. Best advice you'll ever get.
Im afraid that not an option ...I already signed a lease on this place.... I cant keep him ...

Thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Negotiate with the apartment manager. If he won't budge, find another apartment. Best advice you'll ever get.
Haha yeah I agree. Seems like the dog picked you this time!

If it was really impossible to keep him, I guess the next step would be to see if you know someone else that wants a dog.

After that I'd take him to a non-kill shelter. That's not exactly an awesome solution. It would take some time for an amstaf or boxer/pit mix to get adopted, even if he is an awesome dog. In that time he could get pretty stressed in the shelter life and maybe lose some of the qualities that make him such a good puppy. A shelter is better than leaving him out on the street though.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Aww... I would love to see a pic of this little guy!

I have no idea what you should do. It does seem odd that he pretty much chose you...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts