Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hear some of the strange, only-understood-by-your-dog behaviors that your dogs do that drive you nuts.

For instance, my dogs are in a morning routine. Sierra wakes up at 7:15 am sharp and wants out. Spike refuses to be let out with her. He lays in his bed and even when I tell him "out, out, out" he refuses to budge. I even try to lift him up, but he turns into 90 lbs. of dead weight. It's like he is too cozy to go outside in the cold. I can understand that.

Then, as soon as Sierra is outside and I'm back into my cozy bed, he gets up and looks out the door and starts to whine until I let him out.

Why, why,... WHY?! can't he go out with her two minutes before he wants out? I always hope that he just wants to go back to bed, but no, he wants out. He does this every morning unless I find a different door not in my bedroom to let him out. But I hate tromping through the house when I just want to be sleeping at 7am! (I work graves and that is my sleepy time!)

Crazy dogs and their strange habits. Anyone else?

·
Registered
390 Posts
If I was asked this a half a year ago I'd have an entire book to write, but these days my dog honestly doesn't do anything that bugs me. The only thing I ever have to get on him about is the barking when he hears somebody coming home.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually, we have two with really anoying behavior. Our German Shepard howles like a wolf when 1. he hears a siren (cop car, ambulance ect.) 2.he hears the train 5 blocks away 3. the alarm goes off in the morning 5. the other dogs bark (inside or out) or 6. we go to leave for work. he has taught the pup (mini dachsund 7month) how to howl too.

The other one will take a little explaining, we have in the family, 2 female mini dachsunds that no longer get along so they have to be seperated (they take turns in the spare bedroom so everyone has family time) our older female comes in from outside and will run strait to the spare room barking and attacking the gates. She is friendly and loveable to every one but poor annie.

Heres the funny part, these two that we now have to keep seperated are the ones in the avatar before the behavior issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts