Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a the highest end oreck right know and I own a australian shepherd but it seems to not do a too good of a job. The vacuum is brand new and everything works on it. What do you guys use for your carpet and what kind of dog do you have. Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong section for this subject.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have a GSD and pitbulls. I use the Eureeka Uno and let me tell you, it's amazing how much pet hair that thing pulls up...all balled up like a little tornado (I think it's cool actually).

I had a Hoover before it, and it was a piece of junk. This thing is boss. :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Our vacuum... is something called a Kirby. I don't know... we've had it FOREVER. It was one of those things that a salesman knocked on our door and my parents just can't resist letting a salesman in. He did demonstrations and my mom decided to buy one since we didn't already own a vacuum (haha). We've had it at least for 12 years.

We have an Aussie as well, and have in the past had 2. We also have two paps, but they really don't make too much fur... not much compared to the Aussies anyway haha.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
We have a shepherd/husky mix and use a Royal upright. It's great for picking up hair off carpets, rugs & floors. Using the attachments it's average, e.g. for vacuuming furniture or stairs.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a Dyson DC25 Animal (with the ball technology) and I love it!!!!
I know they're expensive, but IMHO worth every penny! I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. One of my dogs does not shed, but the other 2 more than make up for it. Both cats shed. This vacuum is wonderful! Doesn't lose its suction at all, and picks up hair like crazy. I also like the fact that the brush roller comes completely out to clean. Like I said, worth every penny. Should've bought one a long time ago!

BTW, the ball technology makes vacuuming a breeze. It doesn't hurt my back to vacuum at all. It also comes with a 5-yr. warranty.

BTW, the ball technology makes vacuuming a breeze. It doesn't hurt my back to vacuum at all. It also comes with a 5-yr. warranty.

Sorry, weird computer glitch LOL!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Dyson DC25 Animal (with the ball technology) and I love it!!!!
I know they're expensive, but IMHO worth every penny! I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. One of my dogs does not shed, but the other 2 more than make up for it. Both cats shed. This vacuum is wonderful! Doesn't lose its suction at all, and picks up hair like crazy. I also like the fact that the brush roller comes completely out to clean. Like I said, worth every penny. Should've bought one a long time ago!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was wondering about the dyson because with these kind of thing you get what you pay for. Thats why I got the oreck but they are made more for the comfort of it being so light. But that really doesnt appeal to me. I like the Dysons because there are no bags and they seem to pick up EVERYTHING. Please lets hear some more suggestions. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Usually the best vacuum system is a central vac. They are about 2x more powerful than uprights or canisters and is a better choice for allergy prone individuals as the dust/hair is removed completely from the room. Installation cost is about the same as a high end floor model for a home of 1,500 sf. Some of the newer floor models take HEPA filters that can cost $100 each to replace.
I won't go back to a floor model.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Usually the best vacuum system is a central vac. They are about 2x more powerful than uprights or canisters and is a better choice for allergy prone individuals as the dust/hair is removed completely from the room. Installation cost is about the same as a high end floor model for a home of 1,500 sf. Some of the newer floor models take HEPA filters that can cost $100 each to replace.
I would but I live in an apartment.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I have the Dyson animal (not the ball type). Love it! We have 2 cats, 2 dogs and wall-to-wall carpeting.

Dyson also makes a powder called Zorb that you sprinkle on the carpet that helps lift the pet hair up. I was skeptical, but it really works. I use it about every 4-5th vacuuming.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Our vacuum... is something called a Kirby. I don't know... we've had it FOREVER. It was one of those things that a salesman knocked on our door and my parents just can't resist letting a salesman in. He did demonstrations and my mom decided to buy one since we didn't already own a vacuum (haha). We've had it at least for 12 years.
My parents had a Kirby, too! It weighed 5000 pounds. I took it to college but ended up buying a Hoover because, free or not, the thing was a PITA!

OP, I'm not help. I have hardwood flooring throughout my place and am really lemming a Miele canister vac.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i WISH i had a dyson - I am planning on getting one as soon as i can. if you know anyone who has one, just ask to use it for a day or so and you'll see how much suction it has and how easy it is to use. i also LOVE the dispoal method where you can pick up the canister easily and then dump the stuff out from the BOTTOM. most of the vacuums i've had you have to take the canister out and then turn it upside down and dump it out. yeah, great idea if youre vacuuming rocks or something - but terrible for dust and small stuff that normal peole vacuum up cause then the dust gets everywhere when you turn it upside down!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I've got the Dyson Animal (non-ball). I got it before the ball technology came out. It sucks up more hair than any vacuum I've ever owned, and has even sucked up pennies and SCREWS on accident like they were nothing!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I recently bought a dyson animal dc17 & LOVE it! So far anyway.
Funny story tho - the easy to empty the canister thing ... ? OK, having NOT read the instructs well BEFORE emptying the canister the first time - I had quite a mess! Dust EVERYWHERE!!
I do love it!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
The only vac I'll use is a Dyson. With anywhere from 11-15 large dogs in the house over the last 5 years, our Dyson still sucks up the dust and dog hair like no other vacuum I've ever seen. I won't even consider another brand. Considering I vacuum a couple times a week, it gets quite a work out and sucks just as good today as it did almost 5 years ago when I bought it.

I swear I should start doing Dyson commercials.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wish we could get a Dyson! Our Bissell died a few weeks ago and we bought a Eureka. It works very well, so far I've been impressed with it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i use whatever the cheapest vacuum was in the store that day. haha

if you are looking for a powerful vacuum, i would recommend a dyson. expensive, but those mothers are powerful.

we used to use one at my old job when i was in construction, and that baby would suck up screws and sawdust no problem..

(i wouldn't recommend doing that, but what can i say, we were rebels...haha)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
We have central vac. I love it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts