Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I was wondering what type of dog breed my dog looks like. Someone told me maybe some sort of chihuahua ? Never being around one im not sure. I found her abandoned no one claimed her, but she claimed my heart and I decided tor keep her❤

thank you 😊

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Barring further information that makes her a lot bigger than she looks, I'm going to stand by my previous assessment of possible Papillion x Parson/Jack Russel sport mix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I am glad the extra photos helped, I think I posted in the right group this time under photos :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply, I been wondering what she is, so i can have a idea on health issues later to look for and her personality is so gentle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, she is a very good dog and I been wondering what she may be so i know any future health issues may come about to look out for.
thank you

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hello, pardon what does Embark her mean ? Am new to the forum
Embark is a DNA profile test. They can give a very educated guess about her breed make-up based on comparing her DNA to DNA samples from known breeds. It also tests for genetic markers for several inherited health issues (lots of which won't apply to her breed mix, but interesting to know, I guess).

·
Super Moderator
2,919 Posts
What a cutie! I'm so glad she found you. I'd also believe long-haired chi and/or Papillion mixed with a small terrier, but it's so hard to know for sure. A friend of mine has what looks like a mini herding breed mix, and it turns out she actually has a bunch of beagle in there - genetics are wild!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Embark is a DNA profile test. They can give a very educated guess about her breed make-up based on comparing her DNA to DNA samples from known breeds. It also tests for genetic markers for several inherited health issues (lots of which won't apply to her breed mix, but interesting to know, I guess).
Thank you, I never thought about that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, I never thought about that sounds interesting,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What a cutie! I'm so glad she found you. I'd also believe long-haired chi and/or Papillion mixed with a small terrier, but it's so hard to know for sure. A friend of mine has what looks like a mini herding breed mix, and it turns out she actually has a bunch of beagle in there - genetics are wild!
True genetics are thats interesting beagle its strange how things turn out sometimes. I am hoping she dont grow much bigger shes compact enough to go for a walk not to large or small for me and still fit on the loveseat to snuggle and shes a great foot warmer.
Thank you for your reply

1 - 15 of 15 Posts