Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lilly can sit,stay,heel,come,down,stand,finnish,give me five,jump,fetch, and many more things to make me laugh.
Flip can sit,heel,fetch,down,jump,here, and more that I can't think of.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I feel terrible! I just did the same post in another forum! Anyways, my dog can

sit
beg
give me five
lay
dance
spin
speak

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe, thats ok as long as you posted.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Besides basic commands Elsa can roll to the right and roll to the left (I had to learn a different language for that ;) ). She can play dead, and say a prayer before playing dead. She knows how to shake with her paw. And I'm currently trying to teach her how to stretch her back (basically she keeps her head on the ground and stands on her rear legs)...kinda like a bow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My dogs can only do basic sit, stay, etc. Except Bear can shake. I have been studying my school books on training way more than actually doing it. But, when I do do it, it's not my dogs I'm training. Hehe, oh well!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's a tip for teaching "TAKE A BOW"

Get a treat and make a fist with treat in hand. Lure your dog with it, by moving your fist downwards. As soon as he/she goes for it, and has half its body in half of a down, put your hand under your dogs belly. That will hold the bow position. Then say "take a bow" I use the wait word and hand signal, to also hold the position. Only ask for a few seconds in the begining.

Give treat and praise heavly in your highpitched voice, for a job done well. I use the folded fist, for the hand signal for the trick. That's how I taught Sampson my 8 month old rottie.

Oh by the way.........
got to share his latest achivement. He has know how to "roll over" for awhile now. I have recently gotton him to do, two rollovers, three rollovers, four, then FIVE rollovers. Wow........he loves doing rollovers, I decided why stop at one, but I will stop at five thou. Just wanted to share our latest accomplishment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We have two dogs Mocha and Hazel. They both know sit, stay, and jump but they know different tricks too wich is kind of weird. Hazel knows "sit pretty" wich is where she sits first then balances on her rump and puts her two front paws together and stays there until she falls over or I give her a treat. She also knows rollover, high five, and pray. She kinda does pray different from normal but first I have her sit down then I kneal down by her and put my hands in the praying position and then I tell her to pray and she puts her two paws on my hands. It's very cute! I'm trying to teach her to crawl right now. She can do it but she doesn't know what it means when I say it.

Mocha can shake, "head down" where after she lays down she puts her head all the way to the ground and looks up at you with her puppy dog eyes, jump through hula-hoops, speak, and twist where she jumps and turns 180 degrees.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Peewee can do the following both on and off leash:
- Sit
- Come
- Stay
- Down
- Heel
- Take a Bow
- Roll over (left and right)
- "Search" (finds people, rodents, and bugs)
- Over (jumping over stuff, including your leg..)
- Out (get the hell away from whatever you're currently doing, lol)
- Howl
- Up (jump up on whatever..)

She use to be able to also climb ladder, but I stopped that as she is now 10 years old, lol. She knows sit, down, and no in german and english. All other commands are in english.. she also listens by hand signals.

I would teach her more, but I dunno.. I don't bother her much now that she's older. She's got pretty good manners, and that's really all that matters at this point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most of my dogs can do a plethera of commands but my Bentley knows....
Sit
Stay
Come
Heel
Off
Out
Leave It
Closer
Toss Cookie in the air and catch it
Bang (Dead Dog)
Speak
Shake
High Five
Get Beer (a personal favorite)
Lights On/Off
Roll Over
Search
Shake off water
Crawl
Grumble
Up
In
Take a Bow
Go
Move
Beg
Find It
Hug
Back Up
Jump Thru a hoop
and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head
If you want to see Bentley's Trick School you can go here
http://www.lakeeffectpets.com/TrickSchool/trick_school.htm

·
Registered
124 Posts
my 2 know the basics of course (sit, stay, ect.)
some other things they know: Dance, Turn, Speak, Shake, Back, "get your toy", leave it,find it,get your cat, get a toy turn on/off (turns light off and on), Hug (jumps up put front paws on my shoulders), beg, wait, roll over, get bobo ( stuffed animal),

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dog does sit, come, lie down, heel to the left, heel to the right, get out of there, go to bed, stay (up to 4 hrs and counting), don't eat (1/2 an hour), cross the road, get off the road (she knows what the road is), get down and, most useful of all, forget it.

It don't seem like much but it is all it takes to have her off the lead in any situation. I have no need for her to attack or work livestock so I don't bother with that sort of thing. My last dog could bark on command but this one just doesn't get excited often enough to connect the word to the deed.

I also use the same words whenever I'm upset with her. So I can tell her off without raising my voice. Which comes in handy sometimes. I'm toying with the idea that the next dog will get flat if I should start to quote Shakespeare. "Slings and arrows" would make a dog start to tremble. "Outrageous fortune"

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Beagle does a good amount of tricks for a 6 year old.

Her first trick she ever learned was Bang!(Dead Doggy)
She knows how to... (*=working on)

Spin(also is learning how to spin with me)
Paw(shake)
wave
heel
weave(figure eight and walking)
back up*
roll
through my legs
leg spins
jump n' touch( I taught her to use my hands as a target and she jumps up and touches them)
speak
Pretty Paws( We are working on keppin her balence cause what she does so far is sit up in a beg and wave her paws)
spin n' back(she spins halfway and backs up through my legs, and we can walk backwards with her under my legs
sidestep*
Say your prayers( Put it too a lullaby and we got a nightime routine)
Turn out the light(
Kiss me
Bow*
Touch(various objects)
Play the piano
Push a carriage
Crouching weave

Her Agility Tricks are

jump(up to 1.5 feet)
weave(4 poles)
pause table w/autamatic down
hoop jump
a-frame*
dog walk*
seesaw

·
Registered
13 Posts
my dog can:
sit
down
shake a paw
high five
double high five (both paws)
play dead
roll over
heel
stay
come
crawl
spin in the air
dance
walk around me in circles
do circles
up
speak
count
figure eights
weave through my legs
target ( touching my hand with her nose )
side (walk to the side of the road)
stack (showmanship)
she does agility
and im teaching her to back-up right now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts