Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 year old German Shepard who has been very gasy so I changed his dog food about 3 weeks ago to Dimond for Large Breed Dogs. Since then he hasn't been as gasy but his stool is very loose, he seems to be a little constipated and he vomited twice last week in the house. The first time he vomited he threw up twice in one room and once in another room. Could this be a reaction to the new food? What should I feed him? Something for sensitive stomach?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
there are some dog foods out there for sen tummy
i would checkout you can even look up on the computer goole dog food for sen tummy
jamie

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Wellness Simple Solutions is supposed to be good for sensitive stomachs. Has he always been gassy? I would contact your vet to make sure there aren't any underlying medical problems.

·
Registered
193 Posts
California Natural is a limited ingredient food for sensitive and allergic pets. I would contact your vet to confirm it's a senstive stomach and not a more serious health issue.

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
As posted above, California Natural and Wellness Simple Solutions would be good. I'd also recommend Natura Balance's allergy formulas because they are very simple, limited ingredient foods.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My dog has a sensitive stomach .....I now feed him Blue Buffalo Dry Food and he is doing a lot better.

·
Registered
818 Posts
FROMM 4-Star and Merrick do okay here for ours with a sensitive stomach. Also, they did well on Eagle Pack Holistic Select Anchovy or Lamb.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Natural Balance Fish and Sweet Potato. Both ingredients are easily digested and it's a pretty bland food which is best for sensitive stomachs.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
California Natural is a good one because it has very few ingredients. It's a food with rice though so some people don't want it because they want to feed grainless.

But if your GSD has an allergy to grains or wheat, try feeding Orijen. It's a grainless food and if you buy the fish formula there isn't even chicken to get allergic to. Our neighbor's dog is allergic to grains and he's being fed Orijen. He's doing excellent!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts