Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I play with my MiniS when he goes into the Zoomies. Although, I do control the level and if he becomes excessive then the command "Stop" is given. At that point, I quit the play cold and go about some household task. After a couple of moments, I'll sit down with him for a calming pet and pay the belly rub tax.

BTW, my MiniS is 3 years old. Zoomies and crazies are part of life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 15 month old Bernese still does this but knows now she has to take it outside. She does it almost every time after a 45 min. walk, needs more exrecise still? She does it quite a bit when it's cooler outside and gets real energetic, the only problems I have with it is I'm worried she's going to hurt herself tripping in her dug holes and the past Winter she tore a ligament on the ice
any chance you can share more about your Bernese. We are first time Bernese owners and have a 5 month old terror. We have young children so my wife and I are growing worried about his aggression and Nipping. We just can not get him to settle in our house. The COVID quarantine has changed our routine quite a bit. No socializing with other dogs or people and we can only do so many walks. Plus the weather has been crummy To be outside. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The walks need to happen regardless of weather. Just bundle yourself up for the weather conditions.

Many times this past winter I was out with my mini-schnauzer in -25F windchill. I hated every moment of the walks. Fortunately, my dog is not a big fan of windchill. He did his business in short order.

I need to be careful of frostbite in that weather. So, the walks are shorter in time but more frequent during the day.

Take an approach.... Neither rain, snow, ice, cold, heat, wind, day or night will stop the walk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! Any other suggestions because even with long walls it does not tire him out enough and when he plays. He plays rough and to be honest my children and wife are too nervous. He’s just a handful. We are trying and during this time doesn’t help because we can not do obedience class etc. which we had him signed up for. This morning he jumped up on the couch and then lunges and tried to bite me when I went to get him off then he took off running and broke a glass. Again, I know he is a puppy but we are not making any progress and I’m losing the battle of keeping him. HELP!

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
This thread is 11 years old, and thread hijacking is against forum rules. Please start your own thread to ask your questions.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.