Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so bad. I have exams on Wednesday, and I need to be in the library pretty much 9am-9pm tomorrow to study. I was thinking about taking Trout (Charlee is staying with my mom because she's such a handful and Im trying to pack) to a doggy daycare, but I dont think he would like being with other dogs so much.
Basically, he's going to spend a lot of time tomorrow alone. I dont know what to do with him. I was thinking about buying him a nice chew toy, but I need something pretty substantial for the little guy.

Any ideas on how to make this easier? Im probably going to leave him in the bathroom in order to give him more space to move around, if thats a good idea?

:(

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The biggest issue is potty breaks a dog should not be asked to hold it for 12 hours. Do you have a friend who could come let your dog out for you in the middle of the day? If you do a nice long walk before you leave to study and a chew toy should do just fine. Otherwise maybe you can come for a quick lunch break to let the dogs out? If the first two are a no go I'd consider the doggy daycare. Good luck on your exams!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill be back to let him out at about 1 or so, then again at dinner time. Thats no problem, and Ill probably take him on a long walk at those times.
Thanks for the luck, I really need it :rolleyes:

Any opinions on crate vs bathroom? He hates his crate, and he's not going to get into anything or chew on anything.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
if you trust him i would leave him in the bathroom, with lots of interesting things, toys hidden in blankets, kongs etc, freeze a couple and give him one in the morning, then one after a walk at lunch then another at diner time, also raw bones are great my dog can chew on the same one for days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts