Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, this being my first post.
If this is in the wrong spot i'm sorry, I couldn't really find another adequate place to post this.

So here's our predicament.. We recently got new neighbors, and they keep these two very small dogs (almost the size of Chihuahua), in their backyard. 24/7. They NEVER, get attention, they rarely get clean food and water. They are almost always crying. And they have limited space to move, because they are both attached to trees by their leashes. Most of the time, during thunderstorms, they are left outside, while it's thundering, and lightning. There's a thunderstorm occurring right now outside my house in fact..

Well me and the other neighbors have called officers before, to see if they seen it unfit, the way the dogs were living. And each time, he's said no! And when the neighbors leave, we'll go down to where the dogs are, and give them fresh water, and food. Every time we've went down there, they've had green water, and no food! And both of them are riddled with fleas and ticks.

I've (we've) had enough of this. I can't stand sitting in my room, while hearing those poor dogs cry.. It drives me insane. But there's NOTHING, we can do. (That I know of). Is there some other method of getting these dogs some better treatment.. something? It kills me to see animals treated like this. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Welcome to our forum. I wish you could have come to us for a better reason, and I'm sorry to hear about the plight of these two dogs.

When you said you called out officers, did you mean from animal control or from the police?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Take pictures and present them to animal control, if that doesn't work, call it to the attention of the city council that AC isn't doing thir job and show the pictures to your City Council man and your District Attorney.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to our forum. I wish you could have come to us for a better reason, and I'm sorry to hear about the plight of these two dogs.

When you said you called out officers, did you mean from animal control or from the police?
Thank you. :)

And me and our neighbor across the street have called Animal Control twice. Each time, they deemed it "Fit", somehow..

Take pictures and present them to animal control, if that doesn't work, call it to the attention of the city council that AC isn't doing thir job and show the pictures to your City Council man and your District Attorney.
That's a great idea, i'm surprised this hasn't crossed my mind. Thanks, i'll be sure to charge my camera tonight..

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
This reminds me of a -similar- situation I was in... I lived way out in the country, and our neighbors across the street had a thirteen year old Border Collie. This poor dog was the size of an overweight Lab! They fed the dog nothing but table-scraps!! She had no water dish, and was forbidden from coming inside...

What makes this worse is that these people were active in the community and were regular church-goers. : (

Anyway, this poor dog came to our house every day... Her name was Katie. She was purchased as an anniversary gift, and for the first couple years everything was great, until they became pregnant with child and tossed the dog outside...

This dog's nails had never been trimmed, her coat was matted to the point the top-coat was knotted and clumped. She loved our house though, she got along great with my mother's-ex's outside dog Max. They were the best of friends...

We took it upon ourselves one brutal summer to shave poor Katie. SHE LOVED IT! We bathed her real good afterward, pulled off numerous bloated ticks, and put on one of Max's flea&tick solution... At least it gave her a month of relief...

We didn't feel it right to call AC, because Katie was loose and she came to our house to eat good food, so it was hard to claim the dog was being neglected.

After we shaved her, they came over and balled us out for shaving her!! They told us if we touched her again they'd call the authorities on us and have us fined!! We were shocked... We tried to reason with them and promise them we were only trying to help her be cool and comfortable through the summer, but they heard none of that.

Two months later they built a pen, and bought their 5 year old daughter a Chocolate Lab puppy named Maggie. Maggie was kept in that pen 24/7. Katie was still left to fend for herself... : (

Anyway, I'm sorry if I hi-jacked this thread, but I know what it's like to go insane over your neighbor's lack of responsibility... I second the notion for you to take pictures and present them to the higher-authority... Do your neighbors know you've fed and watered their dogs before?

Oh, and Welcome to DF! : D

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
maybe try calling a dogs deserve better rep?
Virginia
Arlington, Virginia
Lisa Walthers 703.998.5011
e-mail [email protected]

Elizabeth Kline
http://www.dogsdeservebetternova.com
e-mail [email protected]

Exmore, Virginia
Robin Savage 757.442.3981
e-mail [email protected]

Glen Allen, Virginia
Lisa C. Compton 804.306.0418