Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....About "Vicious and Aggressive" dogs is that its not always there fault if they attack or bite some one. Pitbulls for example where bred for dog fighting, bull baiting Etc. BUT If you have a properly socialized dog with good bloodlines and good family temperament history it SHOULDN'T be a problem.

Most People think pit bull and they think:
Vicious, aggressive,and untrustworthy

Now given if i saw this I'd probably be scared too, maybe the people who took this just wanted a cool picture maybe there dog really is aggressive who knows?

but what people dont think is pitbull: Family dog, companion, loyal friend

If i saw this i mean, if anyone saw this one the street who would really be scared?

Now all dogs can bite all dogs can attack. but every one blames pitbulls without hesitating, Why? who knows. same with Rottweilers they get it pretty bad too. Now im no dog expert and correct me if im wrong, but
if you have your dog trained/ socialized and on a leash when out, can much go wrong?

·
Super Moderator
11,842 Posts
You're preaching to the choir here.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I agree RonE I don't get the post.

Just because you properly social the Pit from good bloodines and they have a good temperament in their family history doesn't mean that DA or fighting won't be a problem. Many good bloodlines still produce DA dogs to one degree or another or dogs that might not be very DA but once they get into a fight they go full throttle. To say that it shouldn't be a problem is misleading and very untrue. I'm not saying it SHOULD be a problem either. It is a consideration and something potential owners must be willing to deal with if it should arise.

The problem is not everyone has their dogs trained and socialize and some let them run off lead. Others who I fail to understand "loose control" of the leash. Like a recent Pit attack on a small boy, the dog was leashed but the owner lost control. How ridiculous is that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts