Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

What odd things does your dog do?

3K views 43 replies 35 participants last post by  AmyBeth 
#1 ·
What odd things does your dog do? lol My dog thinks hes a cat and will sit on our end table and chase flys around the house...he also like to lick your hair when its pulled up in a bun lol he also poos on the floor when ever i turn the vacume on which I think that is because it scares the poo out of him but its still odd lol...So what interesting things does your dog do?

#2 · (Edited)

Pardon the butt shot, but it's so funny when he does this.
If my Dutch likes you, he will go between your legs and wait for you to bend down and hug him. He whole back half shakes when you do this. It's pretty entertaining when short people come to the house, he is a tall rottie. He also does this when I am upset and he thinks I need a hug.

Gotta love him!

#4 ·
If my Dutch likes you, he will go between your legs and wait for you to bend down and hug him. He whole back half shakes when you do this. It's pretty entertaining when short people come to the house, he is a tall rottie. He also does this when I am upset and he thinks I need a hug.

Gotta love him!
Toby does a variation on this. He's normally a very serious dog, but this is the one silly thing he does. He'll RUN between your legs when he's playing with Cameron. Mostly he comes up from behind, so you have to watch out for him. He's also tall guy too, so short people get goosed. We've learned to give a little leap to let him by.

#5 ·
The funniest thing I ever saw Jazz or any dog do was Dragonfly herding. Jazz was our Aussie and she loved to chase and herd dragonflies. To see her in the distance running, hard turning, leaping into the air, sometimes aerobatics...and usually you couldn't see what she was chasing. She looked absolutely insane but it was so endearingly funny! We laughed everytime we saw her do it.

Legacy

#41 ·
Nala does the same thing, though I never considered that she was trying to herd them lol. She also likes to peel the bark off sticks, hide under blankets, and try to swim in her water dish.

Elvis will jump up the nearest tree, or pounce on the floor (if he can't get outside) if you tell him to "get the squirrel" He gets insanely jealous of anyone hugging my BF (his owner), and he tries to break up any fights (or what he thinks are fights) by barking and/or pulling on your feet.

#6 ·
Casey does not like change and will poo in the house when something changed. He will also poo in your room if he is mad at you. If you are laying on the floor he will come and sit on your stomach and just stay there. He also does this think when he wants something. He will jump in the air and while he is jumping in the air he will shoot backwards. Its really funny, but he is such a weird dog.

Badger is so sensative. I have never met another dog who is so emotinal. He is really picky with food, and if he is not in the mood to take a treat, he wont take it. He is not a dog you can bribe with food.

#10 ·
My Malinois actually has a continuum of force to wake me or whomever happens to be sleeping in the room with him. (I'm presently deployed to the Sandbox so my huge, multi-generational family watches over him so he sleeps in either my parents' room or my uncle's room. My grandparents like him when they're awake, but not when their sleeping because of this stunt).

At exactly 0700 (7 AM for civilians) Ninja will poke any exposed area of your body sticking out of the covers with his muzzle. If that fails to wake you then he will climb onto the bed, sniff and lick your ears (I tend to sleep on one side, and so does my uncle). If you cover up he'll bark. And if you toss a pillow onto your head he'll grab the covers in his jaws and kill shake them...

Note: usually the first step works for me, but my uncle is an especially heavy sleeper and reported the phenomenon a while ago.

#11 ·
Whenever we're standing around the house and Kuma wants attention, he'll walk over and stand with his head between our legs, lol. He also has a stuffed zebra that's almost as big as he is that he's completely in love with. He carries it everywhere with him, and whenever he gets a really high value treat, he tries to feed it to the zebra, then cries pitifully when it won't eat! Such a silly boy. :)

#33 ·
I would put a stop to this as it can wear away the tooth enamel.

Tilba sleeps funny. Whenever I go into her room & she's asleep, she will have her head & shoulders on the floor & her body up on the bed. When she hears me she startles, jumps up & looks guilty for sleeping that way. It's hillarious.:D

#14 ·
My Golden will wrap himself around my wife's legs and grab his tail in his mouth--effectively encircling her. He's only done this when she's leaving for work. He also steals her car keys out of her purse. If she's getting dressed for work, he hides them. If she's not getting dressed for work by about 9:30:am, he gets the keys out of her purse and drops them in her lap ("Let's go for a ride!"). He also steals the paper money from her purse, and brings it to me, one bill at a time.

#16 ·
Kina is such a scatter brain. She'll be eating her food, and then go to see what DH is doing and then she'll pass by a toy and start playing with it, and then it's like a light goes off in her head like "oh yeah, I was eating." and then goes back to eating. It just goes on and on, until she's done eating.

#17 ·
If his usual song and dance doesn't work to get Buck into a playful mood, Jake will yank Buck's tail like it's Buck's 'on' switch or something. It's hilarious.

Buck will also very pointedly tell us if he DOESN'T want to go outside when we tell him to. He turns his face away and sits down, wagging his tail.

#18 ·
This is the oddest thing that Esther does. I've always had water dogs, but this is the first that likes the garden hose. Esther likes it so much, that it is nearly impossible to water the garden (or even fill her outside water dish) when she's around.

On the plus side, she is self-bathing. All I have to do is shut off the water, lather her up and then turn the water back on for the rinse cycle. Also, she has very clean teeth.

#19 ·
Icesis will walk around on her hind legs like a little person. Generally this happens if we're somewhere new and she's exploring (for the better view, I assume). She can walk backwards, forwards, and sideways easily with very good posture, like it was the most normal thing ever.

It's super cute. =)

#20 ·
Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm trying (kinda) to teach Wally to do that and yours does it like she's meant to walk on two feet. :)

Oddest thing Wally does is lick my pillow to death or rub his face on his bed. Then he'll start "digging" in it and doing it hard too (you can hear it even from outside the room). If there's anything on the bed, he'll even burrow under it a little or push and claw and scratch to get it off the bed.

Then sometimes he'll put it BACK on the bed and then lie on it and sigh.

#23 ·
I used to give my Rottie boy his water from a stainless steel milking pail, and he liked to stick his whole head in it and blow bubbles through his nose. He'd do that for a very long time before coming up for air. I never could figure that one out, but it seemed to make him enormously happy.

#24 ·
Smalls eats Jack's hair. When I am brushing him she runs up like we've called her for a treat.
Every time she's bathed, she TEARS around the house. It's like she's been possessed. She barks while running at high speed, slams into furniture, leaps off stuff..
When we walk, on the way back she turns to go up every single drive way. Every one. I say "Not your house." and she comes along, only to walk up the next one.
If she is acting crazy, you just have to start patting her belly and she immediately stops and starts to fall asleep, even if she's standing up. She's part alligator or something.

I'm sure Jack and Jonas do weird things, but Smalls out shadows them.

#27 ·
Smalls eats Jack's hair. When I am brushing him she runs up like we've called her for a treat.
Every time she's bathed, she TEARS around the house. It's like she's been possessed. She barks while running at high speed, slams into furniture, leaps off stuff..
Wally will lick his own hair after I clean the comb during grooming. If you hold your head down, he'll lick your hair (and neck and ears and face).

He's not quite THAT possessed when he's wet, but he does everything at like triple speed...sits 3x faster. Walks 3x faster. Flicks water with his tail wags. Gah I don't look forward to him being wet...

#28 ·
My Malinois, Ninja, waits for mom to come home at the kitchen door. When she walks in invariably she will ask him either: "Want a cookie, Ninja?" or "Where's the cookie?" and he'll go right to the pantry and sit there and look cute waiting patiently for a cookie.

#29 ·
Pardon the butt shot, but it's so funny when he does this.

HaHa! My Maddy does this with me, Christina! She "scolds" Beau, if he's done something that warrants a "Beau! Stop it!" from me. It's soooo funny, but, at time I have to remind her enough is enough, and besides, it's not her job. So then she starts nibbling on the back of his neck, fast and furious. LOL He gets a glazed look, then falls down and rolls onto his back! Well, you've got to see it - like slapstick comedy!

Tommy (once feral cat who thinks he's a Standard Poodle) screams at me and bats my legs if I don't IMMEDIATELY feed him when I get home from work. Lucia (SPoodle puppy) races over to him and gently licks his ears and face. That shuts him up, thank Dog.

#31 ·
Gracie our italian pulls hair out of every stuffed toy I get.She even tried to pull the hair of one of our cats(the cat didnt put up with that very long).
She will also grab our hand with her paws and pull it back when we stop petting her(she thinks we were put on this earth just to scratch her belly).
Appa or boston runs through the house and slams into the front door likea train, pushing off and jumping up about 5ft into the air when he hits it(goofy dog)He also likes to climb things, trees, park equipment, anything he can get up on.
Sasha, grabs my feet when I walk by (we are trying to stop this behavior).She will grab my feet with both her paws and trip me.She also grabs the back of my shoe with her mouth sometimes and almost trips me.Right now its cute but when she is over 50lbs something tells me it wont be cute anymore.

#32 ·
My Sophie smiles with her mouth closed. I'm not talking about the usual smile we see on dogs with their mouths open and panting. This smile is completely close mouthed with the corners turned up toward her ears as wide as she can possibly make it. Her eyes are so squinty at this point that she either looks asian or they close. She only does this when she's really happy to see someone, then it turns back to a normal, open mouthed smile with only a little bit of tongue sticking out (after 5 minutes or so).

She also chews her kibble with her mouth closed... she's a real lady ;)

Duke who's just a goofy golden seems to think about what breed he is during the night. The next morning when we uncrate the dogs, he HAS to grab a blanket, pillow, odd piece of clothing (the larger the better) and stuff his mouth full, and bring it to you. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 "retrieves" before he's got it out of his system. Once he has his "retriever" instincts out of his system, he turns into a normal dog again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.