Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was Told he was a shep/Yellow Lab as a puppy which i believed and expected a 60# dog as a adult. But When he started to get these strands of long fur on his tail i was completely thrown. After a while it became apparent he has setter in him, Or something that with nice lengthily tail hair.

My best guess is Gordon setter (Colors match pretty dead on) Mixed with a bit of lab which gives him the "Moe Hawk" Going down his back of thicker curly fur that sticks up. Then Perhaps mixed with something a little smaller as he only weighs 47# which he was at 7 months old (Now 15 months and still 47#). Some people have mentioned Border collie with how obsessive he can be with playing ball/Fetch. Some days i can see it with how intense he can be, but i also think it could just be the other breeds mix in.

I've also been told rottie/Golden. Can't really see that because of weight. Rottie/setter is a commen one too. I've also been stopped in public and told what a pretty Gordon setter i have. So What do you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can see border collie in him, with the tail and the mane it reminds me of a long haired version of a border collie with something else mixed in, can't see lab tho as i would expect a thicker set dog (but not 100% on that as they can go ether way).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

He's super smart which is why i also think some BC as well. That picture with both paws on my leg. I Put both paws on my leg, rewarded and left it for a night. Next day he was doing it like a pro. Other tricks come soo easy to him as well like spin, Spin other way, Speak. Most where taught in a day or under. A lot of the tricks we are working on, i think the only reason we are having issue is me. Im not quite sure what im doing.

I Actually found a picture of a gordon setter BC Mix and thought damn.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
i was going to reject BCxrottie, but looking at pictures on google, that actually could be it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will have to do some Googling myself on BC rotties when I gets home. I don't picture rotties at all, but I guess with muttsanything is likely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I did not. He was bit of a splurge puppy. Bad enna bad but either way. Met at a mall I knee as I wasn't fimilar with the arearea. But I wasn't Down right refused to see them. Kind of wish I had seen them however.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1333045227922_darren_english_1-5_resized.jpg I can't see there being hovawart, just with it seemingly to be a fairly rare breed.

I guess judging with this picture of a supposed Ckc registered bitch i got the gordon setter. A lot of the hunting/Trial dogs are not nearly as fuzzy as the show dogs.

This dog is a jacey look alike for sure, only lightly bigger. Which is why i think jace would be mixed with something smaller such as Bc with how smart he is.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
How about Gordon/Chesapesake bay? ... the wavy coat is what makes me wonder although BC's and Rotties I have seen have had wavy hair too. :/

Whatever the mix it is a beautiful dog! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gordon/CBR would still be a fair bit larger then Jacey. Males usually range in at 60-100 lbs. I've yet to see a 100 lb one at work, But many are in the 70# easily. But i can see that being a fair guess. They have such wavy coats. Rather wirey however.

His Back "moe hawk" has settled down a fair amount since most of those pictures. The One of him lid on the bed at my work is pretty off now. Heres one from the other day that shows it quite well now. Its been flattening down a lot. He still has some curls up towards his head ears.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts