Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I train my girls in obedience,agility, and showmanship.Its alot of fun.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol..........:) ....:D ....:cool: ....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I teach mine basic obedience (come, sit, down, stay, heel), potty training (who couldn't live without that!), how to let me brush them/bathe them/clip nails/handle their face and paws without them freaking out, fun tricks such as "cover," "crawl," "speak," "roll over," and "jump," and how to stack.

Soon, I'll start them in on agility.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
we're done with basic obedience, well..as done as you can be, it's an ongoing process really. I'm thinking about waiting another 2-3 months (till he hits 10 months) and start some tracking just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Eley:
Let us know how the tracking goes. I am thinking of doing some work with my older bloodhound mix.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well... I have a Fila, I've read that they can be good trackers. The thing is I don't know the first thing about tracking. I don't even know where to start, barnes and noble I guess, any suggestions?.

I just want to give the dog something to do, he's a great dog so far, stubborn like any other mastiff, but way more active. Agility and flyball are out of the question for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Right now I am not teaching my dog anything because she is 10 years old. I've decided that she has done enough for me these past years, so she is allowed to just do what she wants now. The only reason I even allow this is because she is a very well mannered dog.

Anyways, heh.. when I was working with her, she learned the following:

Sit, Down,
Stay, Wait,
Come, Heel,
Roll-over, "Up" (jumping over whatever),

Climb ladders, "Pose" (stand in whatever position i put her in for photography),

Search and kill any bugs or rodents when we lived in the country house,

"Gaurd" ...ie bark/snarl//look aggressive in general and also avoid (if needed) anyone who we did not know *Normally I would never train a companion-only animal to be aggressive, but I felt I had to in this case for her own good. She would of been used as baiting for fighting dogs if not. Once again, horrible place down in Stockton, CA. She is not in anny way people-aggressive if I am around or she knows the person. She LOOOOVES people do death. :)

errrm... I think that's it. I'm probably leaving some stuff out. OH, she knows "Bow" also... If I think of any others i'll add 'em. Lol.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
ThxForNothing said:
Search and kill any bugs or rodents when we lived in the country house
LMFAO Eevee does this! So does my cat, and Shippo is learning by watching Eevee lol... It's such a life-saver if you're terrified of spiders... >X.x;<

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
my dog can shake hands, and he used to be able to give me his left paw when i said "left" and vice verce.....(or however u speel that!) but i havent worked on that in a long time. my other dog...i can make her jump, ans spin while she's in the air...on accident (heh, heh)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I teach mine; sit, down, wait (when treats on on the nose), get it (release command to thrown the treat up and catch it off their nose), speak, talk (sounds like scooby doo), fetch it up and bring it back, give (to hand instead of dropping the item) and load (whether it's into a truck or onto the couch to put her halti and leash on). She's from a line of MH, SH, AFC and FC so we HAD to teach her load, fetch, bring and give. All are very good for hunting/retrieving purposes as well as play.:p

·
Registered
27 Posts
My main focus with my youngest (3yr) dog is advanced OB, a more BH-styled OB...and trick training just for me... ;) She does all sorts of fancy tricks that are never going to come in handy. As I saw more complicated-looking tricks coming up, I'd teach them to her to entertain myself! In fact, the only thing I won't teach her is "speak". I've got enough dogs that bark, LOL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts