Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend found this puppy in a gutter today and we decided to keep her! So i was just wondering of anybody knew what kind of puppy she is. I am just curious it does not matter to me what kind of puppy she is. I love her and adore her either way!! =)
Please give me you opinion or if you know for sure let me know.

Thank you!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...0421091408.jpg

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Your link doesn't work.

Please check with your local laws about what you need to do with a found dog. She COULD be lost.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What if its some ones puppy and they are spending hours looking for him/her????????? how heartbroken do you think they are??????????

Do the moral thing, bring the dog to the local shelter, if the dog is not found by the owner the shelter will let you adopt it and plus they will check the dog for any sickness and do behavioral test on the puppy... just do the right thing...

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
At the very least you should be putting up posters all around town that state you found this puppy

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I agree with all the others. If you don't try to find the owner, it's not fair to someone who may be looking for it. I found a dog, put up posters, no one came forward so I kept her...but only AFTER I tried to see if anyone was looking for her. Also, depending on its age, it might be microchipped.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The link's not working :(
She could be someone's pet, maybe you could put up some flyers?

·
Registered
126 Posts
if this was one of my puppies who I love dearly that got away and the finder decided to keep them I would be horribly upset and very angry. it's only finder's keepers if you do your best to find her owners, before that it's morally wrong and theft.
I agree with the others please try to find her proper home, if no one comes forward than fine, but you owe it to that pup to try and find her real home.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You could also take the dog to the vet to have them scan the dog to see if she is microchipped. Previous posters have said she could be lost! Did the dog have a collar on her and were their tags on the collar?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Do the moral thing, bring the dog to the local shelter, if the dog is not found by the owner the shelter will let you adopt it and plus they will check the dog for any sickness and do behavioral test on the puppy... just do the right thing...
I agree with trying to find out of there is an owner, but NOT with taking the dog to the shelter. Not all shelters are created equal, I guess, but the shelter I got my pup from doesn't behavioral test and the vet care the dogs receive is sub-par.

If it were me I'd take the dog to a vet with a microchip scanner and for a general checkup. I'd post ads/flyers but would hesitate to post a picture. You want anyone calling about the dog to have to describe her before you hand her over.

And, IMO, shelters have enough costs without someone dropping off a dog for free vet care and then picking it back up again.

To the OP: do you have any other dogs? Do you have experience with dogs? Are you prepared for the financial and time committment that comes along with a puppy?

And also: thank you for wanting to rescue this pup. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts