Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I've been told she has some blue heeler in her, but I can't figure out what else she might be. Obviously, she's a mutt ... so I have no clue. We found her a few months ago in a park with on note on her saying "my owner doesn't want me anymore". Crazy people in this world these days..

Anyway, anyone have some ideas of what she might be?
There a few more pictures here. That's my personal website. Iknow it has more pictures, but I'm not trying to come off as someone who is "spamming" my site, especially this being my first post to these forums.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
hard one. i see many possibilities. gsd ears! maybe collie too and just a touch of pit and maybe even some husky? very cool dog. good for you for taking him home!!!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, I get "she looks like a fox" a lot!
She's as friendly as a teddy bear, thank goodness :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
What kind of dog do you have MissMutt?
Looks like a shiba inu. Does her tail curl? My dog is chow and shiba mix we think. Sometimes her tail curls and sometimes it is straight. But they say her mom looks just like a fox. Google shiba inu images and compare. She is pretty though!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
looks very "Dingo-ish" so i would def say Heeler in there....i don't see hound but maybe, possibly, some GSD....beyond the Heeler, i'm not real sure what i see, tho.....

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i'm curious....are her hind quarters actually higher than her forequarters?...or is that just the ground/positioning of her...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm curious....are her hind quarters actually higher than her forequarters?...or is that just the ground/positioning of her...
Yes, they are slightly higher ...

I'm horrible at guessing breeds, but I have to say she's such a cutie!
Grrr. Unbelievable. But thank you for taking such good care of her.
Of course!!
I couldn't resist that face :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
That is a gorgeous dog and I'm really glad you picked her up. I can't believe someone would give her up like that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
so i think i've narrowed it down over the past year of what kind of mix my dog is. i think she's mostly: red heeler & part some sort of terrier. anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of terrier it could be?

couple newer pics a year later, still looks very similar, IMO

& a cute pic of her actually being relaxed around my 2 cats

·
Registered
7 Posts
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=61714035&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=158401035&id=13902563&fbid=10100221830686460 thats the link to my facebook page with a picture of my dog mars on it. he looks very similar to your dog. ive been told hes red healer/collie mix. the friendliest most playful dog ive ever met. his schnaz and hair length is more so the collie. He was a rescue dog that a lady brought in for boarding everyother week at the pet hospital i worked at. she was just fostering him. i fell in love. he's like my soulmate/dog. he could def be more than healer/collie for all they know. hes got some black hairs as well (ears and tail.) he's approx. 1yr 3 mo. your dog is adorable! i cant believe someone wouldn't want that cute lil face! haha i have the upmost respect for you for taking her in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=61714035&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=158401035&id=13902563&fbid=10100221830686460 thats the link to my facebook page with a picture of my dog mars on it. he looks very similar to your dog. ive been told hes red healer/collie mix. the friendliest most playful dog ive ever met. his schnaz and hair length is more so the collie. He was a rescue dog that a lady brought in for boarding everyother week at the pet hospital i worked at. she was just fostering him. i fell in love. he's like my soulmate/dog. he could def be more than healer/collie for all they know. hes got some black hairs as well (ears and tail.) he's approx. 1yr 3 mo. your dog is adorable! i cant believe someone wouldn't want that cute lil face! haha i have the upmost respect for you for taking her in.
thanks for the kind words andyjkehl. i'm unable to view that picture due to your security settings. i could add you as a friend if you'll approve me, but otherwise i won't be able to see the picture. & i agree, this is definitely a soul mate dog for my wife & i, and she is the most energetic dog i've ever seen too! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the kind words andyjkehl. i'm unable to view that picture due to your security settings. i could add you as a friend if you'll approve me, but otherwise i won't be able to see the picture. & i agree, this is definitely a soul mate dog for my wife & i, and she is the most energetic dog i've ever seen too! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts