Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a labrador adult and need help with flea/tick protection. He was on advantage ii for fleas but I have found out that its becoming less effective. I put the drops on correctly and still the fleas are fierce. I have resorted to simply giving him capstar to help with fleas but thats becoming quite expensive as its a daily pill. I was considering Nexgard because I have two ferrets that I let free roam and I do not want the ferrets to have contact with any drops on my dog. Please help with suggestions. Thank you all so much.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I would honestly ask your vet for advice. Fleas and ticks can absolutely become resistant to some of the pesticides used in the products, but that will differ by region. Your vet should know what works best in your area, as well as what would be safe for your ferrets to be around.

I'd be sure you're treating your ferrets and house too. Capster is really effective at killing adult fleas, but it does nothing for eggs or larvae and so unless you treat the entire environment your dog's simply being re-infested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts