Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mabel is a Rat Terrier, adopted in 2001 when we think she was between 1-2 years old.

No particular reason for the breed. We visited the rescue and she just stole our hearts. She's an indoor dog who loves to be outdoors. Like the breed name implies, she's a vermin hunter par excellance.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Puddles is Cairn Terrier. Almost 2 years old..Was a gift from my mother cause she knew she was one of my dream breeds. She is an indoor dog that is forced to take up bed in my house, much to her dismay.

Iris is a Cairn Terrier that was another gift from my mother (she always does things in 2's) She is a year and a half old..She is a indoor dog that follows Puddles with her dismay when it is time to come inside.

Dozer is a Lab/ Mastiff mix that i took off the hands of someone who didnt care enough about him. He is almost 9 years old.. He is a outdoor kennel dog during the day and a forced inside dog at night. (I see a trend here)

Cheyenne is a mixed breed not sure of what.Id say about 3 years old maybe.. He is a stray that has taken up residence here. He is an outside dog that is learning to become a porch dog because he is not willing to come inside the house just yet. But eventually we may change that if he is willing..

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Three Australian Shepherds

Jack 14 years old, we've had him since he was 3.5 months old indoor and outdoor
Kechara 7 years old, had her since 8 weeks indoor and outdoor
Hawkeye 1 year old, had since 8 weeks indoor outdoor only with supervision

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have had Snowball since Febuary. I got her from my neice who wanted a nice dog,but didn't want a large dog.She is a Great Pyrenees/Golden Retriver mix and she is 5 1/2 months old and weighs 60 lbs. I wanted a dog that was big and a easy going temperment. She fits that catagory well.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Trey- 13 year old sheltie we've had since he was about 11 months. We got him as a companion for our other sheltie we had at the time.

The papillons:
Beau- nearly 5, had him since he was 11 weeks
Rose- nearly 4, had her since she was 2 years. We got her because she was returned to the breeder (long story short)
Summer- nearly 5, had her about a year. She came to us as a retired breeder.
Bernard- 1 year old, had him since he was about 3.5 months/4 months?

Why papillons? Because they're awesome. Enuff said. ;)

All of ours are indoor dogs.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have a 2 year old American Bulldog, LeRoy Jenkens, and about a 6 year old English Bullador, China.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have 2 dogs:

Bear an almost 12yo a GSD/ possible Chow mix (in my avatar). I got him as a puppy, where he was found in a dumpster in a box with his sister. He never made it to the shelter, he made his way to my home instead. He is definitely an indoor dog, with most of his time spent lounging around on one of the couches.

Cubby is a Black Lab, we also got him as a puppy. We wanted an active type dog and my husband really wanted a dog to play with...LOL. He is now just over 2 yo and he is basically an indoor dog, but is very active outside with our family. He is a complete tennis ball fanatic, he would love nothing more than to have a ball thrown for him all day long!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Blackie is a black Labrador Retriever. We've had him since he was around six months old. We adopted him because we wanted a large watch dog and a good family dog. We had been looking at pre-trained GSDs, but a free Labrador was better in my parents' book. He used to be an outdoor dog only coming in when it was sub zero, now he is an indoor/outdoor dog.

Rose is a lab mix. We have had her since birth. I picked her out of the litter because she was one of two brindles and was really sweet. She also used to be an outdoor dog, but is now an indoor/outdoor dog.

Both her and Blackie stay outside during the day and the weather is nice, but they can come in to our back hallway/laundry room whenever they want. That is also where they sleep and nap.

Chloe is a Collie/Aussie mix. I've had her since she was around nine weeks. I picked her because she was adorable and I was scared what would happen to her if I didn't bring her home. (I also didn't mind having a smart, active dog.) She is an indoor dog.

·
Registered
714 Posts
We have
izzy the akita - 2 yrs
koozie the husky - 1.5yrs
keno the husky- 5 weeks

they are all indoor dogs. sometimes if the weather is right the older 2 are left out in the fenced in back yard to enjoy the weather.

i chose an akita, becuase i had one growing up and nothing can compare to an akita to me. my husband chose the husky, as he likes them and they were on the top of my list anyways. and then i have always wanted an agouti husky and i found one in the right price range, so we got keno!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Atreyu is a purebred boxer - had since he was 7 weeks old - indoor dog
Kaybie is a purebred boxer - had since she was 6 weeks old - indoor dog
Bruno is a pitbull (possibly a slight mix) - found him August 2008 - indoor dog

I am a boxer lover to the soul........always have been....hence the reason for getting 2 boxers.....and I've always had a soft spot for pitties, hence why Bruno stole our hearts and his way into our home when I found him running in the streets.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dog I had:

Betty - Australian Cattle Dog, got her because I liked how she looked, and being a first dog, wasn't prepared for her issues and had a steep learning curve. Overall she was a great dog, and was hard to part with her, but she's in Cattle Dog Heaven now on a 400+ acre ranch with 150 head of cattle. I was originally looking for a Border Collie, as I wanted an active dog. My dogs are indoor/outdoor, they are wherever I am.

Dogs I currently have:

Nell - Border Collie. BC's are my fav breed. I've had her over a year and a half, and she's a great girl. Indoor/outdoor, wherever I am.

Chloe - Sheltie. I got her from the Humane Society, she's a great dog. I got her because I was really impressed with her when I was doing dog walks at the shelter. I had to have her. I've had her about 5-6 months. She's also indoor/outdoor, she's wherever I am.

Sonny - Border Collie. Again, my fav breed, lol. I rescued him from a bad situation, and bringing him back to full health. I consider him a foster, as I'm unsure if I'll keep him or find him the perfect home like I did with Betty. He's also indoor/outdoor, he's wherever I am.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Growing up, my parents got an American Eskimo Dog named Lily. A friend of the family had 2 of them and had a litter, and we got one. She's about 12 years old now, and lives with my parents.

I currently have 2 dogs. Elvis is a Border Collie/Collie mix and he's 8 years old. My boyfriend got him when he was just a puppy from a family friend of his. He's indoor/outdoor, but he doesn't like being left outside alone, he has to be around us at all times lol.

Nala is our newest addition. She's 13 weeks old now, and we've had her for just over a week. She's supposedly an Australian Shepherd/Rottweiler, but the only resemblance she has to either breed is that she likes to herd things. I'm hoping as she gets older we will be able to tell better lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Roy is 11 years old- got him as a puppy. Thought he was border collie mix, but DNA testing shows he is mostly Dalmation, with a mix of 5 other breeds (one of which is border collie). He is definitely an indoor dog- He hates to be outside if it is not nice outside.

Casey is 10 months old- got him at 8 weeks at the shelter. He is Siberian Husky (and DNA testing shows a little bit of Great Dane, too). He is indoor/outdoor by his choice. He loves to sleep outside until he gets cold (about 4 AM- and then he wants in!) This summer I imagine he'll sleep outside all night...

We do not like one particular breed- we just fall in love with the dog, and adopt it! Our previous dog was a chow/aussie mix (Best dog ever!)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
What kind of dog do you have? How long have you had him/her? Why that particular breed? Indoor or outdoor?
Smalls is a mutt. Probably a Lab X Basset. I've had her for nearly 3 years now. No reason behind the breed, cause she's lots of breeds. I was looking for a dog, saw her on PetFinder, and absolutely loved her.

Jack McCoy is a Norwegian Elkhound. We've had him a little over a year now. He was mostly my boyfriend's pick, but I was always fond of Spitz breeds. He had never heard of an Elkhound and Jack randomly popped up in a shelter so we took him home.

Jonas is a Miniature Dachshund. We're coming up on our year anniversary together in July. I've always loved and have been around Dachshunds, and had been checking the shelters for a while. I had bad luck with adoptions or finding one period. I thought I'd never find one, so we went to the shelter we got Jack from just to see who was there, and low and behold, my little man was peeking out at me from a bunch of other dogs.

All of them are indoor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts