Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!!

Can anyone please try and tell me what kind of dog he is?? He is about 18 pounds and is very friendly!! He is a whippet mix..does anyone have any idea what else he is mixed with?? thanks!!

Andrep20120325_tn.jpg IMAG0568.jpg IMAG0574.jpg IMAG0573.jpg IMAG0570.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes but whippet is the only thing known he is mixed with..I was wondering if anyone has any idea the other half is!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I think maybe OP is wondering what the other part is. Umm . . . border collie?

I love how the pictures go from "in the shelter" to "I has loves". Very sweet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that also but since he's only 18 pounds I thought he is too small to be boarder collie....actually, I volunteer at a shelter and this dog was my favorite i made sure to visit him everyday! but i am in college and my apartment doesn't allow dogs so in the middle of convincing my parents to watch him until I was done he got adopted!! I was heartbroken and still am! I check the website every day in hope hell come back so I can go get him. :( But in the mean time I wanted to try and find out what kind of dog he is so that maybe in the future I can adopt the same mix because he was so wonderful!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I thought that also but since he's only 18 pounds I thought he is too small to be boarder collie....actually, I volunteer at a shelter and this dog was my favorite i made sure to visit him everyday! but i am in college and my apartment doesn't allow dogs so in the middle of convincing my parents to watch him until I was done he got adopted!! I was heartbroken and still am! I check the website every day in hope hell come back so I can go get him. :( But in the mean time I wanted to try and find out what kind of dog he is so that maybe in the future I can adopt the same mix because he was so wonderful!
That's really sweet, but there's something you need to understand about mixes: they're unpredictable. If you look at my sig, you'll see a large German Shepherd mix. I ran into the woman who owned his mother after I adopted him. She knew what had happened to the others in his litter. He was half GSD, half Golden Retriever. Muggsy was primarily GSD in temperament, though with a beautiful natural retrieve and a friendliness to strangers that would be unseemly in a GSD. Others in his litter were far more GR, far more GSD and one was basketcase fear biter.

So when you can get your own dog, just look for one you like without concerns about being this one particular dog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks!!! O I know I always see that kind of stuff in the shelter but I would still love to try and figure out what kind of dog he is!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts